Ch 1

Girl above is who I would think of as Skylin. If you don't like the pic, you can always make up your own version of her.
———————————————————

Hi, my name is Skylin, I'm 18 years old and I'm feeling restless right now. It's currently 6:27, I woke up 2 hours ago, and I still haven't been able to go back to sleep. My breathing has become heavy and I've started to sweat slightly from moving so much in bed while trying to find a comfortable spot, but to no avail. I decide to give up on trying and get up from my bed to go out for a short walk around the city to see if it'll help get some energy out so I can sleep again. I walk out of my room and through the hallway to get to the stairs and begin to walk down to the first floor. I walk into the living room and grab my favorite light blue hoodie from the back of my couch to go with my black leggings and made my way to the door. As I was walking, I swiftly reached down and picked up a pair of my silver converse that were on the floor in the hallway leading to the front door and leaned against the wall to my right to balance myself while trying to slip on my shoes. Being my lazy self, I didn't even bother to crouch down and tie my shoes, so instead, I just tucked the laces into the sides of my converse, hoping that they wouldn't get too loose while I take my little stroll to the the city of Seoul. Since it was early in the morning, there weren't as many people crowding the streets and sidewalks, so it was a lot easier and much more peaceful for early risers to go from place to place, like myself (even though I'm not usually an early riser but didn't have much of a choice this morning). I smoothen out my hoodie and take a last glimpse in the mirror on the wall to make sure I look decent enough to go out into public and walk out of my house, out into the cool morning breeze, taking in a deep breath of fresh air. I started walking for awhile, not paying much mind to where I'm going since I walk the same path basically everyday, so my feet just know where to go by now. After a few minutes of going over anything that came to mind, I focused back into the world and realized that was in the center of the city, just where I was hoping to get to. Since it was still early in the morning, I decided to go to a nearby cafe and get some hot tea to start my day off with a nice drink that will hopefully help me relax a bit. I've been very stressed out these past few weeks ever since I graduated college. I was able to graduate early since I was way ahead of my grade and was moved to a more advanced class for people like me, and as a reward for our hard working and studying, we get degrees earlier than most other people. A while after I received my degrees, my parents decided to move to America for a new/fresh life and left me with our 2 story, old but beatuiful, house since I'm old enough to live on my own. Although I love being at the house by myself in peace and quiet, I get pretty lonely since I have practically no friends. In school, I was too shy to start a conversation with anyone and I had been too caught up in studying and trying to keep good grades to even think about socializing; therefore, getting a housemate was out of the question, so I am always alone at my house. At least, in a way, I sort of have an older friend, yet she feels like an aunt figure more than anything, and she is the proud and kind owner of my favorite little cafe, Crumpets&Coffee.

Speaking of the cafe, that's exactly where I plan on going to right now because they've always made my favorite tea, hot raspberry with a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of mint flavoring. I began to make my way over to Crumpets&Coffee while thinking about things I might bring up as a conversation for the owner since I always enjoy talking with her. I finally found the cafe and opened the door slowly instantly greeted by the wonderful smell of freshly brewed coffee and baked sweets as I entered the cozy little building. Once the owner, Izabell, noticed my presence, she gave me a warm welcome with a bright smile and instantly began making my drink since she knew I always get the same thing. Since there weren't very many people here, as usual, most of the tables were open so I chose to sit at one of the booths in the corner of the room next to a window that gave a beautiful view of the pink, yellow, and orange glaze that was appearing through a bundle of cirrus clouds as it just began to rise above the horizon. I stared outside, lost in thought as I took a deep breath and took in the beauty of the sky's wondrous colors.