Prologue

To everything there is a reason.

He knew that was true. A child cried because they were hurt. An old man retold a story because he thought it was interesting. People died because they were too busy talking about ghosts to pay attention to the road.

They didn't even see the car. One moment they were talking about how they finally caught a ghost, the next they were screaming until a sickening crack filled the air.

For every action you do, there is a consequence.

This statement was also true. If a bee chooses not to pollinate a flower, the plant produces no seeds. If a woman rejected a man, that man might end up stalking her for the rest of her life. A little turn of the wheel caused a van to swerve into the wrong lane, thus killing seven people and putting two into comas.

They died instantly, all seven of them. Two men, two women, and three children all died from one man's mistake. It happened so fast he couldn't save them... He and his sister had ended up in comas. He only awoke two days ago. His sister was still in a coma.

To everything there is a purpose.

He found this hard to accept. What purpose was there to millions of people starving? What good could come murder? What purpose could come from a car crash?

He was temporarily mute while in human form (ghost form he could speak perfectly well). The car crash had done a lot of damage to his neck. He was lucky he wasn't paralyzed.

His sister ended up so much worse. Her neck had been snapped on impact. Fortunately the doctors reached her on time. She was put into a coma by the doctors to allow her neck to heal. Doctors were concerned about possible brain damage.

In this moment he envied his sister. Danny had awoken just in time to see his parents funeral.