Dances and Jealous Girlfriends

"Misaki-chan!"

A pink haired girl leapt onto a raven haired girl, and they were both sent crashing down onto the floors of their dorm.

"Ow..." Misaki muttered, standing up and gently brushing her skirt off, before offering her friend a hand. "At least warn me next time before you do that, Sakura..." she said.

"Ehehe, sorry, Misaki," she apologized, "but I'm just so excited for the end of the year dance!"

Misaki and Sakura were both college students attending Seika University. Shizuko sometime ago decided to pursue becoming a doctor, and therefore went to medical school. The three best friends still hung out all the time despite the separation of schools. The end of the school year was nearing and the college was holding a dance of some sort apparently. Misaki had never heard of this occasion until as of now.

"Dance...? When is it?" Misaki asked. Her thoughts wandered to a certain blonde haired alien. Was it too late to ask him to go with her?

"Hmm... It's next week if I'm not mistaken," Sakura replied, trying to recall what was printed on the flier that she received. Misaki nodded her head in response. A week was plenty of time to prepare.

"Sounds fun. You got a date yet?" Misaki asked, genuinely curious.

"Yup! Kuuga-kun, of course!" she replied cheerfully. "Our outfits are gonna match," she squealed, giddy with excitement. Misaki just smiled. She was happy that Sakura had a boyfriend that cared for her and she loved so much. Sakura turned and gave Misaki a mischievous smirk. "What about you? Did you ask Usui yet?" Misaki froze. She blushed and sputtered out a bunch of incoherent sentences.

"U-Usui? Who said I was going to ask him?" Misaki said after she finally figured out how to speak again.

"Well, you two kinda are dating..." Sakura replied. Misaki blushed at that word. Dating. Usui had asked her out during their high school graduation, and the words 'dating' and 'boyfriend' were foreign to her.

"I guess..." Misaki simply replied, before her stomach growled loudly. Misaki blushed once again, as Sakura giggled.

"Come on, lets go grab some lunch." Sakura suggested, leading Misaki to a nearby café.

-o-

"Hello, what can I get you girls?" A waitress asked. She had long, wavy blonde hair that reach her hips, and stunning azure eyes. Misaki quickly scanned the menu. Sakura had been to this café many times before and didn't need a menu.

"I'll have a chicken salad with a caramel frappuccino," Sakura ordered. The waitress quickly scribbled down her order.

"How would you like your chicken prepared?" the waitress asked.

"Grilled," Sakura promptly replied. The waitress nodded before turning to Misaki.

"And what would you like?" she asked, a smile still plastered on her face.

"Um... I guess I'll have some fries with a caramel frappuccino as well," Misaki said. The waitress wrote her order down and walked away. Misaki could see Sakura admiring something behind her.

"What is it?" Misaki asked, turning around.

"The waitress is gorgeous..." Sakura whispered, as if she were in a trance. Misaki sighed. "Don't get me wrong Misaki, you're ten times as beautiful as her," Sakura quickly added, noticing her friend's mood.

"I didn't care about that..." Misaki muttered. The café door opened with a 'ding'. Misaki and Sakura turned to look at the customers who entered, and they both cursed. They both had spiky blonde hair, but one had emerald green eyes, while the other had reddish brown ones. The girls both hid behind their menus, waiting for them to pass.