~oO Meeting Him Oo~

A Winter Miracle Chapter 1.

                          By – Stephanie G.

     My name is Madison Camille Thompson. I am a senior at Yorkshire High. It was early winter of senior year.  The holiday seasons were coming up. The winter season kicking in. The trees covered in ice. Everything seemed perfect to everybody but me. I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. My world was turning upside down, one day everything was perfect and great. Then the next it wasn't.  My heart couldn't handle it much anymore. The holiday seasons were the worst time for me. During these times was when my parents had passed away in a car accident. I was young at the time, I loved everything about the winter seasons. I loved all the joy it was to be with family and friends. Especially when my mother and father would give me those big hugs and stroke my hair so soft and smoothly. But one day my parents were out in an errand, the weather was horrifying. The wind blowing so hard knocking down a tree making my parents crash against it. After that I hated winter. No one to hug me stroke my hair. No one to show me love and care. My foster parents didn't even pay attention to me. I raised myself. The tears rolled down my eyes. My boyfriend that supposedly loved me left me for another girl. People at school made fun of me. My friends pretended they didn't know me.
            I decided to go out for a walk to clear my mind. I didn't know for how long I went. But I just kept on walking. I ended up in a small abandoned park. The snow covering the grass. I sat on the swings and looked up in the sky. It was beautiful. Tears started rolling down once more when all of a sudden a guy's voice spoke behind me. "It's lovely isn't it?" He asked.
Without looking back at him I responded, "Yeah."
"You okay there?" He asked. I wiped my tears and looked at him. I recognized him right away. He goes to my school at Yorkshire high. He was one of those sporty jocks every girl wanted. They fell for his good looks and charming smile. His name was Mason.
"Madison right?" He asked.
"Yeah. And you're Mason?"
"Yup the one and only." He said in a goofy voice. I couldn't help but laugh a little.
"So what are you doing here?"
"I should ask you the same." I responded.
"Hey I asked you first." He said smiling.
"I just came for a walk needed to clear my head how about you?"
"Oh I was just going for a run and decided to take a break."
"But you ok you look and sound like you were crying." He added.
"Yeah it's just... it's nothing."
  For some reason speaking to him felt so natural as if we were long lost friends reuniting for the first time in a few years.
"Mind if I sit?" He asked pointing to the empty swing next to me. I nodded and he sat down. We stayed there for a while talking about things. I always expected people like Mason to be cocky and players. But he turned out to be a sweet and decent guy. After a while it started getting late and I decided to go home. We exchanged numbers and went our separate  ways.
            As I got home I went straight to my room and thought over the talk I had with Mason. He knew about my past just like everybody does. It wasn't like a secret or anything. But unlike the other people who I had considered my friends he didn't tell me I was overreacting or I was a joke that no wonder my parents had left me. He just sat there and listened. At school we would pass by each other in the hallways often waving at each other and saying hi but we had our different lives. He was with the popular group while I was nobody. Then one day one of the popular girls came up to me and said," Hey you there."
"Who me?" I pointed at myself.
"Yeah you." She said. I suddenly remembered her she was the captain of the cheerleading team Marissa.
"What do you want?"
"I came to warn you to back off from Mason he's mine."
"I have no interest in Mason whatsoever."
"Don't act stupid with me. Don't think I haven't seen those looks you send him when you pass him in the halls."
"Look I don't want to start any problems so I'll back off." I said.
"You better because you have no chance with him you're just a loser whose parents left you for that reason." She remarked. Tears started welling up. I just couldn't handle it when people mentioned my parents. There were times were I could it in but like one of these moments were I couldn't. Then all of a sudden Mason came up to us and saw the tears in my eyes.
"What's wrong is someone sad because they know it's true?" Marissa laughed.
"That's enough Marissa." Mason said in a commanding voice startling her.
She turned to look at him and gave him and innocent look.
"What I'm just stating the truth."
"No you just bully her because you have nothing else to do with your life now leave." Mason said in an angry voice. Marissa rolled her eyes and left. As soon as she left Mason came up to me and embraced me in his arms while I weeped like a little girl. After a few minutes he looked up at me and wiped the tears from my face with his thumb.
"You ok there?" He asked. I only nodded.
"Let's get you home." He said. I shook my head rapidly.
"Please can we go somewhere else but there I don't want to go because if they saw me like this they would yell at me."
"Okay let's go to my house." He said with a small smile.
This was the start of something new. I hope it is. I know it is...

To be continued...

Authors note:
Hello guys I'm stephalante or Steph and I hoped you enjoyed my first story on Wattpad!! Note I am still new to writing so bear with me and be sure to check out other stories on Episode as well as here. Also this is a short story so things would go a lot faster than a normal book ok thanks guys bye!