Mad Dash

Ivory sat in the stables at camp. This was where her and Leo would secretly meet. She sat in her usual spot. In the corner on a pile of hay. It was also the place where Leo had asked her out. Along with the fact that, this was where they had kissed for the first time.

I longed for him to return. For him to comfort me and say that everything was alright. But for now, all I had was Delilah. Delilah was a childhood friend who I had grown up with. We had come to Camp Half Blood together when we came across a cyclops. I had told her to meet me here. She didn't know yet, about Leo. The creaky stable doors swung open. Delilah walked in, "What was so important that you had to tell me in private?" she said, not noticing that I had started to cry. "It's Leo." I replied, it was so hard to barely get those two words out of me. "Why? What happened?"

I explained everything to her. How he had went back for Calypso and when he came back he was dead. My voice cracked every once in a while. But I managed to get through, before I broke out into tears."I am so so sorry Ives." Ives had become my nickname ever since I had started to date Leo. Delilah hugged me as I cried. Soon we let go. "I have to get back to my cabin now. Ok?" she said, looking me in the eyes. I nodded, not wanting to say a word.

Once Delilah left, I was alone once more. I recounted all the days Leo and I had been together. Thinking of those countless nights I spent in Bunker 9. I would sit and watch him play with all his trinkets and toys. Every once in a while I would bring him some snacks from the mess hall. After that, he would always walk me back to the Aphrodite cabin. Another tear rolled down my cheek. Soon, I was bawling. That's when I realized, Delilah was in the Hecate cabin. Hecate was the goddess of magic. Maybe she could bring Leo back!

I got up and started running to her cabin. Piper stopped me in my mad dash. "Hey are you better?" she asked. "Can't talk. Gotta go!" I said and continued running. The doors burst open as I came barreling in. I scared a few Hecate kids. One was levitating a coffee mug. I must have scared the bajeebees out if them. Because there were shards in a pile on the ground. "You can do it. You can bring him back!" I said to Delilah. The head of the cabin, Lou Ellen came over to us. "Who?" she asked. "My boyfriend. Leo Valdez." I replied out of breath. Her eyes widened. "One of the seven?" she gasped. Delilah cut in, "Yah don't worry Ives we can do this. Lou get your potions together. We're bringing scrawny back."