Revive

We were all gathered in the Big House. A mix of worry and hope was plastered across my pale face. There was a reason my mother had named me Ivory, because of my name. I tapped my nails nervously while they worked on him. Please. Please. Please. I asked praying to my mother, Aphrodite, she was the goddess of love. Maybe, just maybe she would listen just this once for the sake of love. Delilah and a few other kids bentover him, working.  His frail arms were limp as they had been yesterday. "C'mon! Why isn't it working?" squeaked Delilah. "What? What do you mean?"  I stammered. Delilah looked down at the ground and stared at Leo's face. "We've tried everything it isn't going to work." I broke out in tears and knelt down next to Leo's lifeless face. I stayed there for a few seconds, crying silently.

A familiar voice interrupted my pity party for one. "There is a cure. It was saved from the temples of Poseidon. Luckily, I happened to have just enough for one dose. It's called, "Huc" or "drawer of water" in Latin. Quite a long shot, but it's worth it. He did our camp a favor, now we will help him in return." He trotted forward in horse form and passed the vial to Percy. Percy opened it and took a sniff. He made a puking face and rolled his eyes. "That's horrid! No wonder it's almost extinct, they must have hated the stench." Delilah took the vial and gently poured it into a hot bowl of porridge. She mixed it together and tipped it back into Leo's mouth. Nothing happened, and my mood dropped even more than it had been before. "It's going to take a while. Percy is going to remove the water from his lungs. But not too quickly because then he won't have any air." said Chiron, reading from a dusty, leather book. "How long will it take?" I asked. He hesitated before answering, "Maybe a day... Or longer."

                                                                                                                                                                       --------------------------------

Chiron was right. Luckily, it only took about 20 hours to get the water out. The fraction of the time, I was sitting next to him crying. I sat there eating cheese nips and sipping lemonade, observantly. Tired from the night before, Percy and Delilah walked in. "Let's do this!" said Delilah, clapping her hands together. They got to work again, taking out water, potions and some pizza. "Umm. What's the pizza for?" I asked. "Me," said Percy, as the cheese slipped of off his piece of pizza and fell on top of the cardboard box. He frowned and wiped his hands on his camp t-shirt. "Oh ok." I said grabbing a slice and chewing. "The water is all out." said Delilah, chewing rapidly and stuffing a piece of pizza in her mouth. "What? Really?" I asked, coming over. "He's breathing!" squealed Delilah. I scrambled over and lightly put my hand on his chest. It was slowly rising up and down, as light puffs of  air escaped his lungs. "Leo?" I wondered out loud.

His warm brown eyes met my gaze.

"Ivory?"