Chapter 32: Neon Lights

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Note: Just a little FYI, this update is not going to be regular yet. It will just be me updating whenever I finish the chapter. I still have to many other stories going on that I can't update this one every day yet. 

Chapter 32: Neon Lights

 “Baby when they look up at the sky, we’ll be shooting stars just passing by. You’ll be coming home with me tonight,” I sang in my room, “and we’ll be burning up like neon lights. Neon lights! Neon lights! Like neon lights! Like neon lights!”

I blasted the music from my stereo and started singing and dancing around the room.

“Celebrating something?”

I yelped and turned around to see who it was only to see my brother laughing in the doorway. I walked up and hit him in the arm, “You scared me!”

He laughed, “Not my fault you have your music up so high!”

“What’s up?” I changed the subject.

“Just have the day off from the movie and wanted to know if you wanted to do anything.”

“Really?” my eyes lit up.

He nodded, “I need some sister time.”

I grinned, “I need some brother time too.”

“Good, what should we do?”

“Well I am getting hungry,” I told him.

He rolled his eyes, “There again?”

I giggled, “It’s my favorite place!”

“Okay,” he laughed, “Let’s go. You’re lucky I love Chinese food.”

“Yes!” I cheered. I turned off my stereo and took my iPod off it before grabbing my bag on the floor.

“You never answered my question,” he said.

“What was it?” I asked.

“Were you celebrating something just now?”

“I was actually!” I smiled. “I made the cross country team!”

“That’s great Kay!” he hugged me.

“Thanks. Dylan did too.”

“What made you decide to join the team?” he asked as we walked out to his car.

I shrugged, “I wanted to have a good year this year and I really wanted a way to stay in shape without having to get up at 5 every morning to work out. So I’m taking a gym class and I joined the cross country team.”

“I think it’ll be great for you. I’ll go to whatever meets I can make it to.”

“Thank you,” I said and I hopped in his car.

David to drove us to one of my favorite restaurants in town, but we didn’t start a conversation until we already had our food. David seems a little off today; like he has a little too much on his mind. I wonder if it’s about his career or if it’s about Demi. There are not really a lot of other options.