2; shrieking shack

[ii] shrieking shack

"Chocolate!" The empty wrapper crumbled in the force of her fisted hands

"Chocolate!" The empty wrapper crumbled in the force of her fisted hands. Her eyebrows shot up as she gazed at Athena with a startled look plastered on her face, "When did you start liking chocolate?"

Athena quickly snatched back the crippled foil, straightened it and folded it back into the depths of her satchel. She didn't dare meet eyes with Nike; instead, she continued skipping down the bustling roads of Hogsmeade.

Nike made her anger apparent. She huffed, grinding her foot against the gravel as she scowled at Athena, "So first it's the boy, then you're eating chocolate and now you're ignoring me. C'mon Ath, tell me what's gotten into you?"

"You're overreacting. I'm fine."

"Well I don't like you when you're fine so talk to me when you're back to normal." She growled before stomping off to a lot of Slytherin girls. Athena chewed on her lip as she received dirty stares from her enraged best friend. It wasn't until the group turned the corner till she could breathe. Even then she couldn't shake the guilty feeling off her. Although Athena knew she hadn't done anything wrong, her best friend held everlasting grudges and could spread the vilest rumors. Nike was the last person you wanted to be enemies with.

"Well, that was the first fight of the year!" A cocky voice sneered from behind her, "And I got to see it. Wasn't as amusing as the Gryffindor's say they are."

Athena spun on her heel, only to be faced with the most trouble making, murky haired know it all- James Potter. Wrapped in a cloak, his face sported a full-fledged grin and his hair swayed across his forehead as he laughed.

She stomped on his foot, "Well if it isn't Thongs," Athena paused, soaking in his dying smirk of triumph, "is that what your mates call you?"

"It's Prongs."

Athena rolled her eyes, swaying her hand in his face like it didn't matter, "Yes, Yes Thongs. Now, why are you here? Spying on Nike, I presume? You wouldn't want to play that card again now, would you?"

His face morphed into that idiotic smirk of his as he spoke, "Nah, just making sure you two meddling girls aren't planning a sneak attack on me.

She snorted, "We're not all that mean."

He snorted, "The look on your face when Nike left you said otherwise."

Athena took a moment to toss him a deadly glare before clearing her throat to reply, "She has tricks up her sleeve, that's all."

"There is more than just tricks. She's cruel. One time she told the whole Gryffindor lot that Peter had-"

Athena clasped a hand over his mouth, "Trust me, I don't want to know."

James shrugged and they continued staggering down the path to the Shrieking Shack. The population of student's started to decrease as they continued to the 'haunted' area. The boy shuffling on the left side of her, cleared his throat dramatically as if about to announce something important, "I do know why you like chocolate."

"How long were you spying on us Thongs?"

"Since we left Hogwarts."

Athena shoved him towards a nearby tree before stalking off, James was quick to recover and quicker to catch up to her. She scowled at him, "Can't you take a hint, James?"

"Nope."

"Great. Throwing you into the tree was a hint that you should go away before I stuff a branch up your throat." Athena deadpanned.

He shook his head, making an annoying clicking sound while he spoke, "Nah, you don't seem like the type."

Her cheeks flamed red in pure embarrassment and fury, "Try me Thongs." She was so angry she didn't hear the muffled voices coming from ahead of them.

James winked, "I would but I don't think you'd like to portray yourself as the aggressive type in front of your crush." Athena whipped her head in the direction of the other voices, Sirius and Peter chatted on the side. Remus, on the other hand, watched the two (James and her) intently. She scowled at the dark haired boy for the third time in an hour. He instead, bopped her on the nose, "First impressions count Ath."