Chapter seven

~Sean's POV~

Once Phil had left the kitchen, following after Miss Sang I turned to face my best friend.

Owen was facing the stove, having taken over for me on the preparation of our dinner when I almost put sugar in our food instead of salt.

Luke was still pouting that he didn't get to make pancakes.

In my defense, beautiful Sang was far too distracting for me to waste time with condiments.

"So," I kept my voice low so that only Owen could hear me, "What are we doing now?" I asked him.

He glanced once at me from the corner of his eye before returning his gaze to the food he was stirring. "For now, we will wait and observe."

"Hummm," I mumbled quietly, feeling impatient. Turning to lean against the kitchen's counter I observed my brothers.

Silas, Victor and North were talking quietly as they sat at the table.

Owen's kitchen had an open concept that led to the dining room, separated only by a counter. The furniture was painted white, the decoration minimalist to the extreme but elegant. It drove me crazy.

Kota, Nathan and Luke were studying some folders of an Academy case we had recently closed. Owen wanted all the information organized so we could hand it over to Phil for the academy before he left since we were temporarily grounded.

Spotting Gabriel that was staring in horror at the room around him I almost smirked.

No doubt the "emptiness" of Owen's home was about to drive my youngest brother crazy just as it drove me.

Gabriel had a preference for lots of color and decorations giving personality to an ambient but Owen's home was rather, well... as expressionless as he tended to be.

"Hey, Gabe." I called to him before he took the ketchup and mustard out of the refrigerator and began painting Owen's walls with them.

The way he was staring at the white walls I wouldn't be surprised if he tried something crazy like that.

Gabriel turned his baby-blue eyes in my direction and I motioned for him to come closer.

"What's up, Doc?" he asked as he approached.

"I just wanted to know what you think of our newest friend." I told him. "Luke was the one to give a report of your meeting with her."

From the corner of my eye I could see Owen perk up at my question. He might not admit it, but I knew he was as curious as I.

This wasn't a situation where we could ask for a background check from the Academy, after all.

Turning my attention back to Gabriel I saw him raise his eyebrows and smirk, "That troublemaker?"

"Why do you call her a troublemaker, Mr. Coleman?" Owen immediately asked.

Gabriel lost his smile, "It's just a nickname, Mr. B. She seems like a good girl, vampire... whatever."

"And how did you arrive at this conclusion, Mr. Coleman?"

Solemn blue eyes met with grey ones and he answered, "Because a bad person wouldn't have put herself at risk for two strangers and then told them that they weren't obliged to help her in exchange. She is selfless."

I paused momentarily, as did Owen. If things happened as we understood them, then Gabriel was right and Miss Sang Sorenson was definitely Academy material.

Add to that the fact that she was clearly a powerful being and obviously a ghost, in Academy' terms, and she became a great asset.

"Mr. Lee said we should adopt her." Owen mumbled under his breath and I found myself agreeing with Kota.