Bonus

Little New Year bonus ;)

~Kota's POV~

We spent the whole day in the backyard going over how to use the magic that was becoming a part of us.

Mr. Blackbourne had woken up in the morning with a light grey tattoo in the same pattern as myself, Luke and Gabriel covering his arm in the same place as us.

I thought it was because of Sang taking his blood, which led me to assume that all of us would have that same tattoo sooner or later.

I had managed to control the water inside a cup and mold it into different forms as the day went along.

The others still hadn't displayed any signs of being able to do anything magical, but Sang had assured them it was just a matter of time.

Currently I watched as Mr. Blackbourne leaned in close to Sang to see what she was trying to show him as she played with a potted plant.

He wore only a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, displaying his tattoo and grey slacks.

Sang was still in her pajamas and barefoot while walking on the grass.

It seemed that she had no difficulty playing with the elements of nature and expected that we wouldn't either.

He stared attentively at what she did, but I had the impression his focus wasn't exclusively into the plant.

Mr. Blackbourne had never been that comfortable around females. He treated them with respect, the same way he did everyone else, but he always kept a distance between himself and the supposedly frail sex.

While he still didn't get too close to Sang, he was definitely more comfortable with her being inside his house.

Living forever by her side could cause more than a few problems among our family considering how everyone was becoming more and more interested in her.

How would such a relationship work? A girl in the family, would she become the girlfriend of one of us while the rest was left to find others?

And what about the age thing? How would the others find girlfriends if they weren't aging properly?

It was a puzzle I needed to solve before the end of the week so we could give her a proper answer.

Luke was sitting at the step of the back porch, his eyes unfocused as he daydreamed.

Gabriel was frowning down at the same cup of water I had used for training before, trying to see if it was his element.

Suddenly the wind around us strengthened picking up leaves and dirt from the ground.

The weird part was that the wind smelled strongly of vanilla.

My eyes flew to Luke and I saw a wicked smile stretching his lips.

Luke could control the wind.

Shit.

That was all we needed.

"Oy! Fucker! How the hell did you do that?" Gabriel suddenly shouted at him, annoyance clear in his tone but also a note of uncertainty in it that I didn't think the others had noticed.

That is until I saw Mr. Blackbourne nodding at Sang before she headed straight for Gabriel.

My eyebrows rose up.

They were already working together? When did that happen?

Looking back at Gabe I saw that he was getting more and more frustrated with himself and as the wind whipped around us and threw his hair on his face I notice how the strands began to stand on end and sparks began to spark from his hands before a fire lit on his palm.