"Tea or Coffee? History or Biology?"

The following morning, Theodore Drilovsky woke up in an unfamiliar bedroom. It took him a second to remember where he was. The walls were a plain grey colour, with no furniture but a bed and a small wardrobe. There was a wooden desk, too, on the other side of the room. The professor had already pilled all most of his books there, which went from "World History" to "Animals and their characteristics". There were, as well, some books he had taken for his pure enjoyment, but those were inside his magically expanded suitcase.
There was a soft knocking on the door, followed by a whispered "Professor Drilovsky?". It was young Modesty, with his blonde hair braided and twisted in a bun, who had entered the room.
"Yes, Miss Barebone?" he smiled at her, while trying to tame his brown curls.
"Ma said that breakfast will be ready in some minutes", she told the man. Her hands were playing nervously with the hem of her light blue dress. She looked at him with cold, troubled eyes, turned around and left.
Theodore quickly got dressed in a white shirt, a dark brown sweater and some black pants and boots, and grabbed his glasses before walking downstairs to where he thought was the kitchen. The four Barebones were already there, as well as a small group of children.
"Good morning", he greeted the people in the room.
Chastity smiled at him and made him sit down, despite his protests on how he could help, and carried on with serving the kids some food.
"Tea or coffee?", a small voice took him out of his daydream. When the man turned his head towards the voice, he found none other than Credence, who was looking at the floor.
"I would appreciate some tea, thank you. I've never had coffee if I must tell you the truth", he laughed a bit, trying to ease the uncomfortable boy.
The black-haired young man didn't say anything, he just poured some tea in a cup and handed it to him with shaky hands.
"There is a wonderful coffee shop right down the street, Mr. Drilovsky", Mary Lou informed the man "maybe while Credence is giving out fliers you can make a stop and try it out" she suggested.
Theodore shrugged with a little smile while drinking his tea. It was just the way he liked it, almost sweet enough to give you a toothache. It made the man feel calm and secure, almost better than hot cocoa. Almost.
The morning carried on uneventfully. The young professor wanted to prepare what to teach his student, but he was doubting what he would prefer, if History or Biology. He decided it would be better to ask him.
"Mr. Barebone?" he asked while knocking on the door. There was some rustling from the other side and then the wooden door opened just the tiniest bit, allowing him to catch a glimpse of Credence's brown eyes before he lowered his gaze.
"Hello, sorry to interrupt you, but I was wondering what you would like me to teach you today? History ir Biology?" he smiled a little, but the raven-haired boy just looked at the floor.
After a few long minutes, the boy finally whispered "history" in a low voice. With that, the door slammed shut.
Theodore was confused, but went back to his room anyway. He had the exact idea of what he would teach Credence Barebone.
~~
"Ma, do you know how long the Professor Drilovsky will stay with us?" Modesty asked, while playing some children's game.
"As long as it takes for Credence to help us gain followers," she murmured, at the same time that she chopped some vegetables for the soup, her lips tense.
"Do you think the professor will help us?"
"I'm sure he will, he looks intelligent enough to know about magic's existance", Chastity interrupted.
"I hope so, Chastity, I hope so", Mary Lou whispered, his eyes lost in the nothing. She did not want to share her worries with her adoptive daughters, but she feared Theodore Drilovsky's presence would bring more problems than solutions.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Heeey, I'm back!
As you see, there wasn't that much of contact between Credence and Theodore, but do not worry, there will!! Just be patient, it will be worth it. Do not forget to leave a comment if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Love you all,
Ian Wonderboy~