"It's been a long night"

Theodore woke up because of a burning sensation on his back. He tried getting up, panicked, but a gentle hand pushed him softly against the bed. When the man slowly turned his head, he came face to face with his student. The boy was looking at him with a worried expression. He had a dark cloth on his hand, and a bucket filled with water at his feet. He was seating right beside him on the bed, with his shoulders tense and shaky hands.
The brown-haired boy's eyes filled with tears.
"C-Credence..." he managed to choke out.
The boy didn't look at him, too focused on the long gashes that decorated the older one's back. He felt as if it was his fault. He started delicately cleaning them, his own eyes getting glassy when hearing Thedore's whimpers.
"It's alright, Theodore. I'll take care of you tonight", he softly whispered while lightly caressing his professor's jaw and cheek.
Theodore flushed light pink. He wanted to say something, anything, but he remained silent, just being patched up.
He felt movement and turned around just in time to see Credence by the door.
"Credece," he mumbled through tears. "Stay, please," he sobbed his plead.
Credence Barebone got paralysed on the spot, too stunned to say anything. Slowly, he walked towards the bed. He laid down next to Theo, part of his back resting on the wall behind him. He lazily started playing with the soft, chocolate brown curls that belonged to the handsome man next to him. He stayed awake till he heard his professor's almost silent snores, and how a soft hand gripped the fabric of his shirt in a loose fist. After that, he let himself fall asleep.
~~
"No... No..., please don't do this. I swear I won't do it again, please!" Credence woke up to mumbled pleads and panicked whispers. When he opened his eyes, he found a still-asleep Theodore trashing and turning on the bed, looking completely desperate.
"Don't touch me, please let me go, please!" his voice came out almost like a cry for help. Hot tears ran freely across his reddening cheeks.
The boy started shaking his professor slightly, then with more force. Suddenly, Theodore's body shot up and forward. He was breathing heavily, moving a shaky hand to his face as his eyes were wide with shock.
None of them said a thing, trying to process what had happened. The older boy was hugging his knees so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. His face was pale, and quiet sobs escaped his dry throat.
"I'm not like them", he heard Theodore whisper. He had his soft hands over his ears, trying to stop an invisible sound to fill him. "They were wrong! I deserve to be alive!" he cried desperate.
Out of nowhere, Credence surrounded him with his arms. He gently brought him closer, and again laid the both of them down. Slowly, with one of his cold hands made his professor bury his face on his chest. He could feel Theo's quick beating slowing down.
"They hated me," he heard a soft murmur. It was the man in his arms "they hated me because I wasn't what everyone expected. My mother, my father and..." his breath hitched and he swallowed thickly "and my older brother. We lived in a big house in Scotland. I was their toy, just because they knew I was worthless. When I was 15 I could not take it anymore: I ran away, came here to live with Noah and finish my studies. After that, I travelled around the world, and I stayed these last three years in Ireland", he spoke in one single breath.
"What was it like?" he asked in a whisper.
"It was beautiful. Woods, so many plants, castles, everything you could learn and read" there was a dreamy tone in Theodore's low voice "you would probably love it," he added, looking up to meet Credence's eyes.
The boy held his breath. They were so close, he could see the little silver specks surrounding Theodore's blue eyes. They were breath-taking. Instintively, Credence brought his right hand up to outline every single feature in Theo's face. He saw how his professor's cheeks turned a light shade of red and tried getting up, suddenly aware of their position, but two arms slytherin (lol) around his waist stopped him from doing so.
Their roles had turned: now it was Theodore who was hugging him closer, with a smirk that oh god. One of the man's hands, the one that was hurt by his mother, rested in the small of Credence's back, while the other one was on top of his exposed hip, due to his white shirt going up with all the movement.
Credence blushed and unconsciously hid his face on the older boy's chest. They were close, with their legs intertwined under the green bedsheets.
"Sleep, it's been a long night". With nothing else being said, Credence Barebone slowly drifted off to sleep, his hands sneaking to rest in Theo's bare chest.
"I promise I will take you there one day, Credence," Theodore mumbled against the sleeping boy's forehead, leaving an invisible kiss there, "and no one will hurt you anymore".
With that, he too closed his eyes, tightening his arms around his student's slim waist, just to remind himself that someone was there. Someone cared about him. With that, he was out, just as the sun started to appear in the cloudy sky, shining over the fresh snow.

They were together. They were safe.

-.-.-.-.-.-
Heyyyyy, sorry for the long waiting!
What do you think of the story so far? Do you like Theodore? Let me know!
Thanks for commenting, it keeps me going. And thanks to FutureWriter18 for their support
Keep smiling, have a fantastic week!
Ian Wonderboy~