CHAPTER 13: MEMORIES

The Queen kept flying away from the Heavens. She didn’t want to think of anyone. She was so tired of all the pain. She kept remembering about Adrian.

No. She can’t let her heart take over her mind again. She has to listen to her mind.

The Queen had to wipe out every single memory of her and Adrian. She had to. She must. Tears started to fill her face again. She sniffed and wiped her tears.

“No,” she thought. “You have to stay strong.”

Her head began to hurt and she lost control of her balance in the air. She let out a faint cry. She spread her wings further letting her feathers catch some air. She shook her head and pressed her temples.

Why did Adrian even have to show his sympathy on Griffin the night he turned to ashes. He could’ve just ignored it and not care. He’s a Demon anyways.

The Queen questioned herself the most. Why does she even care? She’s happy now living without him. She was, until he showed up again.

“No!” the Queen thought. “She’s still happy.” She forced herself to believe that she was happy and that she’s doing fine. But deep down her heart still ached and she still craves for Adrian.

“Why does he even care?” the Queen asked herself this question repeatedly.

Could it be?

“No!” the Queen said. “That’s non-sense. It can’t be.” She closed her eyes and tried to picture Adrian, his flaming tears burning his face.

“Does he remember?” the Queen thought. “Could he?”

The Queen stopped flapping her wings and she looked beneath her. She knew what she had to do. If Adrian can’t leave the Underworld because of the Goddess then she’ll be the one to go to him.

But, there’s only one problem.

No angel has ever been to the Underworld without a Demon.

If they do go alone, they’ll slowly melt and die. And that’s a chance the Queen was willing to take.