CHAPTER 42: BUTTERFLY COOKIES

"You should really go after him," Renee said.
"I don't have wings. I can't fly, do you really think if I could...I'd just be standing here?" I yelled.
Renee gave me a confused look as she mixed her dough.
"How the heck did you get here then? Don't tell me your boyfriend carried you all the way from the Heavens to here. That is one hell long trip!" she said.
"I made a wing machine," I explained as I reached out for one of her chocolate chip muffins.
"Where is it then? You should wear that machine and go after them!" she said.
"Griffin had my bag and after the ashes came to him, I don't exactly remember where he put it," I explained.
"W-w-wait!" Renee stammered.
I raised my eyebrows.
"The ashes came back to him? All of it?" Renee asked.
I nodded.
"Well, yeah. At least I think it did." I began.
Renee dropped her mixing bowl and slammed her hands on the desk.
"You think?" she said.
"Well, he looks exactly what he was when I first met him and his wings turned all black!" I defended.
Renee seemed satisfied with my answer and continued mixing her dough.

"Um–Renee?" I said. She was so focused on baking, there were about 3 ovens turned on and the smell made me hungry by the moment.
"What is it?" she asked.
"Do you have any idea how I can get to the Heavens? You know without wings?" I asked.
Renee laughed really loud.
"You can't go anywhere besides Earth without wings. Are you stupid?" she began. "But I do have some butterfly cookies baking in the second oven."
"Butterfly cookies?" I asked.
Ding.
Renee pointed to the second oven and told me to get them out. I grabbed some mittens and opened the oven and took the tray of cookies that were shaped like butterflies. I placed them in the desk where Renee was mixing her dough.
"Eat them," Renee ordered. "They will grow wings on you temporarily until you reach the Heavens. Eat them." she said as she pointed to the tray of butterfly cookies.

I reached out for one cookie and ate all of it in one bite, they were so delicious. I reached out for another and another and another until the whole tray was completely gone. I let out a loud burp and I felt sparkles on my back, I felt something growing on my shoulder blades. I looked behind me and beige colored wings were forming. Renee smiled at me looking proud of her work.

"Well, what are you doing here?" she began. "Go get him! Get out of here!" she yelled.
"Thank you!" I said as I hugged her. I kicked hard on the ground and stretched my arms and off I went to the Heavens.

The wings didn't feel natural but it was easier to work with than the wing machine. It felt like years I was flapping the wings, it didn't pick up much speed so I had to flap it harder. I can already see the Gates and my eyes widened when there were Demons surrounded it. I prepared myself for battle but the Demons didn't attack me. I flew past them and entered the Heavens.

As soon as I landed, my wings fell off and I walked towards the Hall. I saw a lot of Demons talking to Angels. I had no idea what has happened since I left.
"Lexi!" I heard someone yell.
"Kelsey!" I ran towards her and hugged her. "What's happening?"
"Tommorow. We battle the gods & goddesses in Olympus! We've joined forces with the Demons." she explained.My eyes widened. Oh. Join forces.
"And, Lexi." she stammered. "Look." she pointed behind me.

I turned around and saw Griffin's arms around Paige. He was so stiff and his eyes we're all black, he wasn't moving either. Paige smirked at me.
"I think he's under a curse." Kelsey said.

You don't say.