Labour

RJ 💓 | 3:05 PM
Hi babe, how are you? We're having an hour break from the symposium so I'm having lunch with Matt and Mark. I tried calling you but it went to voicemail. Are you ok?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
Hi babe. I'm fine. Was taking a nap earlier.

RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
Oh. Okay. I thought so. Did you visit Dr. Hessel this morning?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
Yes.

RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
How was it? What did she say?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
She confirmed that I'm on my 38th week. 38 weeks and 3 days to be exact. She said Athena could come out any day now within the next two weeks.

RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Really? How are you feeling now?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Good. Nothing too weird yet. Dr. Hessel said I should start walking around, climbing up and down the stairs and doing the recommended exercises. She said those can help induce labor, or at least they can make it easier for me to give birth.

RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Well don't go into labor now while I'm away. I'd want to be there when that happens.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
😒

RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
I miss you.

Sent RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Okay.

RJ 💓 | 3:34 PM
'Okay'? Just 'okay'? I waited 5 whole minutes to see if you're going to follow that up with another message.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:34 PM
You know perfectly well that I miss you too.

RJ 💓 | 3:34 PM
Dei are you still mad at me? I thought we're okay when I left. I'll be home before noon tomorrow babe, I promise. I just need to attend the dinner meeting tonight but I will skip the last day of the symposium tomorrow. I'll take a red eye flight so I can arrive there at early morning tomorrow.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:37 PM
Ok, babe. See you then. I would like to sleep again, is that okay? Have a safe flight and enjoy the rest of your stay there. I love you.

RJ 💓 | 3:37 PM
Babe...

RJ 💓 | 3:40 PM
I still have about 20 minutes left on my break. Can I call you?

RJ 💓 | 3:46 PM
So you really slept on me.

RJ 💓 | 3:46 PM
*sigh*
I love you Dei. And I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise.

RJ 💓 | 3:55 PM
Ok... it's either you really fell asleep or are just too mad to talk to me. I love you just the same. I can't wait to see you Dei.

++++++

Her cellphone rang on the bedside table and Dei lifted her head from the pillow to look at it. She wasn't asleep yet, but she had been lying on the bed for the last four hours after her dinner with RJ's mom and Rizza. And for the last couple of hours, she had been feeling too gloomy too.