Oh Snap!

"Seriously, Dei, a long trench coat and a hat? What are we, detectives investigating a crime? It's either you've watched too many Sherlock episodes or you've just gone completely bonkers."

"Come on, just wear that. We cannot let them see us," Dei said, shoving the items to Kayla.

"Well, we're not exactly being inconspicuous, wearing a trench coat on a hot summer night. I really think some dark clothing and a simple baseball cap will do," Kayla tried to reason.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Are you just bored?"

"No, Kayla, I'm just trying to distract myself from the pain," Dei replied, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Dei, we don't even know if he's really cheating on you. These are all assumptions based on a single text. Have you even back read through their previous sms exchanges?"

"There's none. Maybe he deleted them."

Kayla just exhaled sharply and gazed at her friend exasperatedly. "Why do you want to believe that RJ is cheating on you?"

"I don't. I just have this sudden intuition, and you know what they say about women's intuition."

"Well I'm a woman too, and my intuition says you're just overreacting and that RJ would never ever, never ever cheat on you, Dei. He loves you so much. You probably don't realize this, Dei but he'll do everything to make you happy. I've proven that so many times."

Dei didn't respond and just took several deep breaths.

"Besides, Dei, you two have so many beautiful plans for the future. Your in-laws are coming back in a few weeks and both of our families are moving to the new neighborhood. New house, new start..."

"Let's just do this tonight. For my peace of mind," Dei insisted.

"Fine," Kayla said with a resigned sigh. "Hopefully this'll really give you some peace of mind."

"You didn't tell Tim, did you? He might give RJ a heads up."

"God, Dei... of course not."

"Didn't he wonder why you're no longer having dinner with your mom though?"

"He's actually quite happy about it and said he will just spend time with his friends too."

"And you're okay with that?" Dei asked. "Him still hanging out with his friends?"

"Of course. I trust him," Kayla said, shrugging. "He's also changed a lot since Ezra, you know."

"I know," said Dei thoughtfully. A few seconds later, she stood up as she finally made up her mind, and threw the trench coats back inside the closet.

"We're no longer going?" Kayla asked hopefully.

"We are. But we're no longer wearing those coats." She stood up from the bed and grabbed two caps from the holder and tossed one at Kayla. "Don't say anything to Marby about this. She's, umm, a DeiJay fan."

Kayla rolled her eyes and nodded.

++++++

They arrived at the restaurant before RJ and the other executives did. Dei had planned it all. She had called in to reserve a table at the restaurant, and they had brought along one of Kayla's friends to watch the table for them in case they needed to move around the restaurant for better view.