Prologue

I glared up into sharp blue eyes that stared down into my own. I wondered if he could see into my very own soul, and if he could, did he find it as beautiful as I had found him?

"Baka," I jumped as I was brought back into reality.  "I've only pinned you down, don't just lay there. Even if you're being drug down to the pits of hell- don't stop fighting!"

"I don't want to fight you, Hak."

"And why not? You scared you'll get beat by the great and mighty Thunder Beast?" He provokes. I could see his chest get bigger as he talked himself up.

In one swift movement I had him pinned down with me on top this time. "I don't want to accidentally kill you." I say sticking my tongue out.

Hak and I always teased each other saying that we could beat the other, but I wasn't exactly sure if either of us knew who would actually win in a real fight. We were the two best warriors in our kingdom, but no one knew for sure who was the better one.

"You wanna take that from the top again?" I suggest. "I need to fix my footing on that one move. That's the only reason you were able to knock me down."

I stand up to get off him and he sits up as I do. I hold out my hand to help him up and he takes it, pulling me back down into his embrace.

"Hak, what are you-"

"Sometimes I think you were made for me to hold. Just me, and nobody else." He says.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" I mumble as I laid my head on his chest.

"Wouldn't you?" He questions.

"Yeah, I'd like that more than anything."

"You know I love you, Meissa, right?"

I sat up suddenly and climbed on top of him. I wasn't sure what I was doing, I didn't feel like I was in control anymore.

Hak didn't say anything, he just looked at me curiously. He was relaxed. I was terrified.

My heart was racing as I reached to my side and unsheathed my father's sword.

"Meissa?" Hak questions. I could feel him tense up.

I grab the sword and press it to his chest. He just lies there, I don't think he thought I was going to do anything, but it wasn't me doing it. I kept screaming for whoever it was to stop.

Who exactly was it?

I look up as someone appears before me. It was Kiyohime.

I begged her to stop. But she just glared down at me. "Do it." She demanded.

I shook my head in protest, yet my body did as she told. I looked down at Hak one last time and I plunged the sword into his chest.