One

In the warm almost summer haze, it is said that school year worries melt away.

Yet as he sat looking out at the blue floral patterned sky, all he could do was go through every thing he did wrong this year.

Wisps of clouds clustered and parted at will in the light late spring breeze that ruffled and woke the flags out on the Quidditch pitch and threw fresh pollen into the air.

The mud covered school grounds made for an interesting parting with the old castle. Everyone would leave with a memorable parting gift. Memories, friends and dried mud packed into their shoes. You always took a part of Hogwarts with you when you left, it was said. That's why so many were proud to call it home.

"Newton Scamander! This is your last warning." The professor snapped from the front of the class.

Newt only dismissed the threat and continued to scribble away in his note book, as the rest of the class occupied themselves with changing a feather into a bird. Newt hated this class, or any class really.

"Newt, mate. Pay attention." The boy who sat next to Newt said with a sympathetic smile.

Newt didn't pay him any mind, the boy was a Slytherin. Newt was fed up of Slytherins.

After breaking things off with Leta, he had resigned himself from his studies and from any socialization. Newt had known it wouldn't end well between him and Leta, yet he let himself be used and played for a fool. Newt told himself he would never fall in love again.

"You're only 17 mate, you have plenty of time to get yourself a nice gal." Robert told the mildly depressed boy.

"Why are girls complicated?" Newt groaned as he slammed his head off the desk. He was fed up, and he didn't care anymore who knew it.

"If it makes you feel any better I could set you up with my sister? She's a sixth year Thunderbird." Robert suggested.

"She's a magical creature?" Newt retorted, as he turned his face that was still on the desk towards the other boy.

"No it's a school house at Ilvermorny, you git." Robert said, as he pointed his wand towards the feather sitting tamely on the table top.

"What's Ilvermorny?" Newt asked as he sat up. The professor was walking at full gaunt towards him. He had done it this time.

"Out of my classroom immediately Mr Scamander!" The weathered old woman spat at the boy from her toothless mouth.

Getting up Newt turned to leave the class, his books and quill in hand.

"Newt!" Robert said as he collected his things and rushed after the boy. "I'm coming with you." Robert added.

Leaving behind Newt and closing the door behind him Robert spoke cautiously.

"You can't keep this up Newt. There going to get to the point mate, when they kick you out of school. Do you really want that?"

"At this very moment? Yes." Newt answered as he turned away and began his treck to the library where he would serve the rest of the class time sleeping.

"You would like my sister. She's a kind-hearted, wise girl who loves reading and would rather be around magical creatures than anything." Robert said.

Stopping in his tracks Newt turned to the slightly shorter boy with well quaffed hair and new robes. Newt had to remind himself that there was only one thing you could like a rich person for, and that was their money.

"I'm not interested." Newt mumbled, as he turned to walk away again.

"Well she is and I plan on you meeting her. Summer break is in a few weeks. Send her some letters." Robert said as he looked to Newt in slight pity.

"Fine. She can owl me first." Newt said as he proceeded down the hall.

Maybe by the time he returned to Hogwarts next year he would be able to forget his time spent with Leta Lestrange. His wounded heart would need healing, and he couldn't do it alone.

Please vote if you liked the chapter or want me to continue the story, thanks.