Three

Leaving the station ahead of the two trailing boys, your heart raced. You would finally be home again after a long school year in America, and you only hoped that the summer would be a fraction of how well you wanted it to be.

"Go talk to her!" Robert hissed.

"So you go to school in America?" Newt asked as he struggled to keep up. He didn't really want to strike up a conversation, and yet there he was.

"Yeah, I go to Ilvermorny." You said as you didn't even glance to Newt.

Walking out into the rain you spotted your car and beckoned for the two older males to follow.

"I didn't know you could drive?" Robert asked as he settled into the extremely noisy contraption.

Getting into the vehicle you Robert sat in the passenger seat and Newt sat in amongst to trunks, owls and bags in the back seat.

"I don't. The car's enchanted." You said with a smile.

"It seems like a death trap." You heard Newt whisper to himself.

With a laugh the vehicle started revving, and then lurched forward as it pulled out into the busy streets.  No one said much, and Newt was nearly covered by all the combined cargo sat beside him.

Later as you arrived back home you were greeted by your dog. Who was extremely excited to see you.

You hadn't even been home from Ilvermorny for a day thus you hadn't gone home for long yet.

Robert and Newt followed into the fairly large house. Robert had told you that Newt would be staying for a week or so, because his parents were away on business at the moment. Robert had felt bad and asked him to stay with your family.

You knew that he would probably stay longer. If you knew what magic parents were like, and you did. They were never punctual.

As Fido barked happily, you heard the music from the kitchen stop and heard chairs being dragged against the hard wood floor.

In an instant your stepfather appeared, and your mother ran up to you and gave you a bone crushing hug.

"How was America this year dear?" Your mother asked.

"It was great! I'm so glad I was accepted again. I got an offer to be captain of the Thunderbird quidditch team next year!" You chimed.

"Why do you go to school at Ilvermorny, if you live in London?" Newt asked timidly from behind you, as he attempted to drag his trunk through the doorway.

"I was accepted on exchange. This is my fourth year there." You told the boy.

Another reason was because you had never liked living in your older brother's shadow, so when the opportunity arose for you to do something that he had not. Thus you had nearly latched onto the idea.

Not to dismiss you had never gotten along well with your stepfather. Or that you enjoyed the company of your single, yet eccentric father in comparison to your workaholic mother, who couldn't take a second out of her day to even tell you the time. His life was much more glamorous in America.

As you could be in another country, you had learned so much about the world and how different the two places were.

MACUSA worked on a completely different way than the Ministry for Magic. There was near to no laws others than don't kill anyone here in Britain. It was nearly insane.

You hadn't imagined that as you returned home, you would be met by your stepfather's judging eyes.

He eyed up Newt, and then you. He wanted to ruin any chance of friendship with the boy.

"So you must be, the Newt Scamander." Your mother said, in such a fake tone. She put up this illusion that she was patient and easygoing which she was far from.

"Can we go unpack?" Robert asked, as he saved you from your uncomfortable starring match with Frank, your stepfather.

Pulling the case up the stairs reluctantly you made it you your bedroom.

The walls were now painted a dull yellow, and the drapes and sheets matched which made you cringe. It looked as if a small tornado had hit and the only colour left for repairs was a vomit worthy, acidic yellow.

What had happened to your room?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter, thanks.