Four

The room you had grown up in was now as tacky as a ceramic antiques shop. The bedroom had been completely redone. Not a single thing you knew was there.

"Before you say anything, we renovated dear." Your mother said from the door as you stood with your jaw slack.

"That's no excuse for my room being mustard themed!" You retorted.

"Ha! what?" You heard Robert say from the hall after you snapped a your mother.

Walking into the room, and past your mother Robert broke into an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

"It's so... yellow..." Newt said as he followed in behind Robert.

"It's not mustard yellow. It's canary yellow." Your mother said flatly.

"Canary!" Robert coughed through his laughs.

"It's not all that bad. Hufflepuff is yellow." Newt said quietly.

"Ilvermorny is blue and cranberry mum. This is just..." you began to say before you stopped yourself.

Newt was a Hufflepuff, you couldn't insult him on the same day as meeting him.

"It's just bad, mate. No offense." Robert said as he attempted to stand up from his hunched over position and wipe the tears of his face.

"I thought you were a Hufflepuff your first year at Hogwarts, dear?" Your mother asked.

"No actually. She was a Slytherin like me." Robert said.

Looking over to the two boys you visibly saw Newt flinch. He didn't like Slytherins you figured, to your dismay.

"Well finish unpacking then we can talk about the color of your room." You mother said, as she walked off.

"Well now that she's gone what color do you want it?" Robert asked as he drew his dogwood wand from his trouser pocket.

"Preferably a light shade of blue or something." You admitted. There was plenty of other colors that could be better, but blue seemed to work well with the room. Much as it had before.

"Blue it is!" Robert said, as he used magic to make the room a pale blue color.

"The ceiling." Newt said as he looked about the room.

Looking up you saw that the ceiling was painted like a slightly cloudy sky with puffy moving clouds.

"That's pretty neat." You said.

"You're welcome. You can do whatever you want with the room. I'll take mum's complaints about it." Your older brother said.

"Thank you, Robert." You said in a smug tone.

"I'm going to go unpack." Newt said before he turned to leave.

"Don't you want to ask her something, mate?" Robert said, far to loud to just be directing it at Newt.

With a slight twitch Newt turned and his eyes accidentally landed on yours. He just went instantly beet red.

"M-maybe... later." Newt said before he nodded and almost speed walked out of the room.

"Isn't he hilarious." Robert said from beside you.

"Robert! He's just awkward don't make fun of him." You spat.

"Wow defensive already." Robert said with a chuckle. He was only trying to figure out, in his own backwards way, what you thought of his friend.

"Robert don't be an arse. I'm sure you don't have many friends either." You said to the boy.

"Well either way there's no denying that there's something there. Well at least on his side. He wouldn't shut up about you after you started writing one another." Robert said.

"He was always so articulate in his letters..." you pondered.

"He was trying to woo you. What are you, dense?" Robert said in jest as he walked to the door.

"You actually think he likes me?" You asked.

"I don't think. I know." Robert replied.

"But he doesn't even know me!" You said.

"Oh, but he thinks he does. Not to mention you have all summer long to get to know each other." Robert said as he left the room.

You knew it. Robert had planned for the boy to be there the whole holiday.

What if Newt really did like you? You pondered.

You had just wanted to be friends with the boy you had sent so many letters to. He never mentioned so many things.

Would you, or even could you fall for the boy in two months?

Please vote on the chapter if you liked it.