Hōmon-hen 3: Hyper Dramatic Delusions

Sumire began to panic after finding out Kaede went missing. It felt like anyone, even her own mother, could betray her at any moment. That kind of fear is strong enough to consume anyone.

If Yuki, Kaede, Tomitake, and Takano all died or went missing, it meant there was probably a single person doing this. The prospect single human being being able to do that was pretty frightening. It meant all of Hinamizawa was at risk of being next. Especially Sakutaro, who lived alone at such a young age...

Sumire decided to take action. Hiyoko and Yuta were both suspicious, and she wanted to make sure no one got hurt. She decided to do the unthinkable: murder them both, hope they were the culprit, and kill herself.

Why had it come to this?

Hiyoko was first.

Sumire waited for Hiyoko, who arrived a bit late.

"What did you need, Saionji-san?" Hiyoko asked.

Sumire wasted no time in unholstering her father's gun and shooting her immediately to death. Why? Why had it come to this? Sumire cried. She was no better than the serial killer. She tearfully waited for Yuta, who also showed up a bit late.

"Yeah, Sumire?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, Yuta. I killed Hiyoko... And I have to kill you, too."

"What?! Sumire?!"

Sumire laughed a bit insanely. "Ah, what the hell? I'm enjoying this!"

"Sumire!"

"Bye bye, Yuta."

"What?!"

Sumire shot Yuta, as well. She was taken to the hospital, where she slipped into a mysterious coma, and went brain dead, on a June 27th, 1983.

They all fall like flies, every time. They can't trust eachother, or themselves. They can't trust nature, either.