Pt. 4: My fault..

Flashback 

Yumiko's POV

I opened my eyes, my ears had perked up upon hearing the rather irritating noise. I looked at my weapon, a scythe that was passed down from the first God of Death...

It was my target, Batman or more known as Bruce Wayne but that annoying kid kept blocking my way, it's so frustrating! I buttoned my coat to make sure nothing will cling to it, as I pulled the hood part and covered my face. I fixed the plain black mask on my face as I scanned him, it was a full face mask and was custom made by father. 

I stood up and begun walking towards him, making sure to make a whimpering voice to lure him closer to me. "H-help me..." I muttered as it took their attention, the Robin was shocked to see me but Batman wasn't. He walked over to me, "What's your name? And how did you end up here?" it was true, I'm at the one of the baddest side of Gotham but I smirked under my mask as I kept quiet. 

"A-alice, and I-i was searching f-for my little b-brother.." I acted as I waited for the right moment, he got on one knee and as I was about to pull my dagger, I heard foot prints, and shouts. "Batman, watch out!!" Robin shouted, instantly making Batman turned to him and back at me but I took the chance and whipped out my dagger but he caught it with reflex. 

Thank god I had my mask on, "Who're you and who sent you.." he spoke, as he pulled on my collar, lifting me up from the ground. That was how I met both Batman and Robin, A.K.A. Jason Todd.

Flashback Ended

I used my elbows as support as I looked around, I'm still in my room. Dizziness begun to kill me as I moved, I stumbled on something causing it to crash into pieces. My heart was telling me to ignore it but my brain ordered the opposite, as I turned around. My heart shatters. 

It was a picture of me and Jason just days before he was killed..

Memories filled with smiles and laughter, sweet first kisses, the day we confessed to each other, it came flooding to me as I felt tears trailing down my cheeks. Even to this day, I couldn't accept his death, he was Jason Todd, he would never be killed. 

I was having flashbacks until something peculiar popped in, it was Red Hood. "Be careful next time" those words were the same but in different tones, why was I having flashbacks about him? He was nothing more than a vigilante and a partner, he was nothing more than a mere mortal. 

I was shaking and crying as loud as I can, I didn't hear my brothers burst into the room and begun giving comfort words to these deaf ears of mine. My mind was not in control, I begun my tantrum as I ran to placed I didn't even see, mirrors, and windows. Everything. 

I could see my reflection from the broken mirror, my left eye was yellow with a vertical slit while the other was pure black, I could see my own broken self from that orb. 

I pledged to find Jason, since he was resurrected....eh, who was Jason? N-no, Jason was my lo-N-no, he di-Who was he? Did I kn-He's my lover!!!

My mind was giving up on me, I could feel my soul that still dwells in the past shouting and pointing it claws at me, as if saying it was my fault. I'm a broken woman, I lost my sanity to a mere mortal...

Before I could say anything, I felt a slight pain on my left shoulder, causing me to turn to see a sobbing Dragon. I suddenly collapsed, and when I turned to take another look, Hydra's tears trail down his cheeks. 

Was this my fault? Because of me...my family is crying...it was my fault after all that he died...