Chapter Thirty

Please point out Typos and grammatical errors. (There might be many. ) thanks!

30. The Creepiest Thing That Could Happen Is A Creaking Floorboard

There are two kinds of people :

One, who start studying from the very beginning. They study a little every day and by the time exams arrive they are fully prepared, they get a good night's sleep and you won't find them carrying their books around because they are all done with the subject.

And two, those who have no idea what the syllabus contains. These people stay up all night, get four to five hours of sleep before the test, and are found reading their books until it's time for the exam to commence.

Anna, Kevin and Susan belong to the first category. The rest of us, to the second.

We stayed up all night group studying, while those three went to bed early. The boys would sneak into the girls dorm and we would study together - Alex and Kay along with Travis and I managed to keep our hands off each other because even we knew our priorities.

Mid term exams weren't as bad as I had expected them to be. The questions were much simpler than what I'd thought them to be, except for History.

History was terrible. I had absolutely no idea what the questions even meant because I'd left out a lot of parts and the whole paper seemed to be based on those topics.

Apart from that, I was sure to score good grades in the other subjects, while the Type One students definitely would get an A in all.

I lay my head on Travis' shoulder as we sit on the grass in the gardens, after lunch, waiting patiently for the others. We had planned to spend some time here together because none of us were in the mood to celebrate the end of exams. We were too tired.

It was Kay's birthday tomorrow and we had planned a typical Enid-Blyton-night-out in the garden tonight. Anna's mom had designed a dress for her and it had been delivered a week ago. We'd hidden it in Khushi's cupboard because it wasn't safe to be kept in our room. The planning had been going on for over a month, and I considered it to be the perfect surprise.

I see Susan, Liz, Anna and Khushi walking towards us. I raise an eyebrow at them, questioningly and they give me a thumbs up. It meant that they had successfully stocked their room with food items that we would be eating tonight at the midnight picnic.

Right after they arrive, the boys come running in as if they're in some race, while Kay walks behind them, laughing. Ron supposedly wins the race because Tyler sulks and places a ten dollar note in Ron's hand, while the champion smirks at him. Kevin and Alex do the same, all the while glaring at him. He quickly pockets the money while the rest of them flop down in the grass next to us.

"Hey what's with the football Triwizard tournament? Isn't it like next week?" Liz asks the boys and they nod.

"Please stop calling it that," Kevin protests. "It just reminds me of how interesting our lives would have been if we'd been at Hogwarts."

Tyler rolls his eyes after hitting his brother on the head and Kevin punches him in the chest.

"Yeah it's going to last for a month," he answers, rubbing his chest, a pain stricken expression on his face. "We will be having practice regularly from Monday." He looks at me and shakes his head. "Your brother is an incredibly strict captain."

I scoff. "With teammates like you, I can completely understand why he needs to be that way."

Kevin gives me the middle finger directly but I point three fingers at him and say, "Read between the lines."