Prologue

This is the second book in the Ghost Trilogy (as of 11/28/16 it is decided as a trilogy but subject to change)

Go read Engaged to a Ghost before reading ahead, or do whatever you want. Your choice, but the pie launcher is positioned so make a wise choice.

Also to clear up any confusion with this prologue and chapter 1:

The prologue is set back in the past and tells the story of Darius and his first love

Chapter 1 is posted in the future, after Donovan and Richard where the world is starting to develop under the power of King Richard.

Unedited

Prologue

"You're right."

"Of course I'm right! I'm a genius." Lucas beamed as he corrected my mistake and copied down the answer from his paper. I couldn't help but admire his beautiful profile as he focused inventively on our work.

"You're staring again." He stated without looking up. I just smirked at him and pecked his cheek, making his entire face -including his ears- turn bright red. "Can you blame me?" I teased him. He ignored me and finished writing, but his hand was visibly shakier.

"Shut up, you're such a jerk." He huffed in annoyance and slid my paper back in front of me. I kept my eyes on him and broadened my smile. "Aren't I?" Before he could react, I circled my arms around his small waist and pulled him onto my lap in an attack of affection. He shrieked in surprise and I dotted gentle kisses along his neck and exposed shoulder.

"Darius!" He cried out, but he didn't really try to get away. "Seriously! We have to get our work done." He started to pant as my hands slid under his shirt. "Do you really care about homework right now?" I turned him, so he straddled my lap, facing me. He shook his head.

"Didn't think so." And with that, I kissed him and worked my own equations into him.

Things have been like this for almost a year now. Don't think that Lucas instantly fell in love with my charms and beautiful body. He made me work for it for almost another year before finally saying he'd court me. My heart still swells with happiness every time I think about it or lay eyes on him.

He's so beautiful. With his dark brown hair and deep blue eyes, you can't help but stare at him. He's a midget, but that's alright because it just makes it easier to cuddle him and never let him go. True to his beauty, he also has a beauty mark right under his left eye. It looks so much better than the ones that women will mark with black coal to try and mimic it.

My parents sent me off to his boarding school to try and shield me from the fact that they preferred my brother being the new king, but I don't care about that anymore. At first I was furious and wanted nothing more than to drive a blade through my father and brother's chests, but then I met Lucas.

He shined so brightly that he melted away the coldness that had taken over my heart. I no longer seek to annihilate my family, but to embrace them and let them accept Lucas for the god that he is.

For months upon first seeing him, I followed him around like a long lost puppy, but he never turned me away. He was a loner, but I guess my presence made him feel better in knowing he wasn't ever alone with a foot taller shadow always hovering over him.

It annoyed him that I was always in his personal space, but I refused to back down and now look at us.

I mean not right now. Right now is Dary and Lukey time, so keep your perverted nose over there until we're finished. No one shall witness my Lucas' beautiful body except for me and maybe some doctors, but only the gay females.