~Çhapter Twęnty-Thręę~

The next couple weeks of my life was preparing for my mid-terms. I studied Chemistry with Julian after school, I practised combat with Lucas after Chemistry and studied with Zac before school.

I had just finished my study session with Zac so we walked into school together; we walked to my locker where  Lucas and Julian were waiting. My school bag fell to the ground with a loud bang as I dropped it.

"You need to empty that," Julian said with pursed lips."we attend all the same classes and yet we carry paper while you carry bricks."

I glared at him but he just smiled cheekily and bent down before pulling books out my school bag.

"Jeez Chase. What's with all the...books?" Lucas said and I rolled my eyes while rolling my shoulders, it was super heavy and hurt my shoulders but I would never admit that out loud.

"Seriously?" I asked, hoping he was being sarcastic.

"Well why do you have all your books, books from the library and a whole load of notebooks," Lucas said and Zac perked up.

"Let's find the one where Archer confesses she has a crush on me," he said and threw an arm over my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged his arm off."I don't know why I'm friends with you idiots," I said as I opened my locker.

A piece of paper fell out of my locker and fluttered to the ground. I frowned and bent down to pick it up. I read it through and groaned before slamming my locker shut.

"What?" Zac asked with a frown."You feel...annoyed, angry and hateful," he said slowly.

I hated Empathy, so so much.

"Oh annoyed doesn't even begin to cover it," I said and ripped up the piece of paper.

"What is it?" Julian asked.

"Remember how Mrs. Foster gave me a detention like a month or so ago," I said and everyone nodded in unison."Well I expected a time and date, location, stuff like that but I never got the details. I thought she forgot about it but now I apparently have detentions until the end of this term, as in until Christmas break."

They all gawked at me as I shrugged my, now much lighter, backpack on.

"B-but why?" Lucas asked, sounding horrified at the thought of so many detentions.

"Because I missed the one I was meant to have for weeks and now I have to make up for every individual day I made Mrs. Foster wait for me," I said as I walked to the computer suite.

"That's not fair," Julian whined as if he was going to all those detentions with-shudder- Mrs. Foster. I had to agree with him but what could I actually do?

"On a completely unrelated note, have you guys ever heard of a Chyrx?" Zac asked and I shook my head."I didn't think so, we haven't covered it yet. Anyway it's this creature that literally stinks. It stinks more then anything. It is one of the most disgusting things you can ever come across. It's completely passive but it smells awful," Zac said while casually musing his hair and Lucas took a careful step away.

"Let me guess. It's part of a new-"

"Prank? Yep. And I'm pulling it off today," he said with a dangerous glint in his eyes making me step away slightly.

"When?" I asked cautiously.

"Don't worry none of you will be in the blast radius," he said and started staring at the ceiling as if planning it, envisioning it, but he probably was.

"I'm scared," I whispered to Julian and he nodded in silent agreement.

***

I sat in detention with Mrs. Foster reading a book even though I knew she was watching me like a hawk and not even reading her book.

I yawned and started tapping my index finger on the desk, making random rhythms because...well I'm bored. I caught Mrs. Foster glaring at me and I flashed her a smile but her glare turned deadly in seconds, however I just smiled.

I love annoying people

Suddenly the door was thrown open and a retched as a horrible smell reached my nose.

Mrs. Vixen came striding in and I realised that the horrible smell was coming from her.

"Come here Zachary," she said with a hard edge to her voice and I almost face palmed.

What had Zac done?

Zac strolled into the room, whistling, as if he wasn't in trouble. He's swimming in dangerous waters now.

Mrs. Vixen had an angry glint in her eyes and I realised that she was angry, so angry she couldn't control it, she couldn't hide it. She was always calm and collected but now...now she was a raging fire, ready to burn anyone who came close.

"Mrs. Foster, Zachary here seems to think it funny to place a Chyrx in my office. Apparently he's also placed them all over the school and now he, as well as other delinquents in detention, must go around the school and collect every single one unless they wish for more detentions."

I was stuck between being happy to get out of this room and scared about my new form of punishment.

"He'll be in detention until after the midterms," Mrs. Vixen finished and went to march out the room when Zac spoke up.

Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot...

"Only to mid-terms? I heard you were stricter then that Miss. What happened? Shouldn't I get detention until at least the end of term," he said and I stared at him in shock.

What is he doing?

Mrs. Vixen did something that looked an awful lot like a sneer except worse...a lot worse.

"Fine Zachary, you'll have detentions until the end of term, since detentions seem to make you so happy."

With that she slammed the door shut and I flinched at the harsh sound. Zac turned towards me and smiled!

He sauntered over to me and sat down.

"Hi."