Chapter 41 (part 3): The Beginning of the End

MAYUKI

It was horrible. It was so horrible. The visions were horrible, and I knew it was from the past. This person was a monster.

Flashes of the Hikari's past danced across my eyes. The first one was with her speaking with Orochimaru and him telling her to capture me instead of my mother. She bowed to him and answered to him as Lord Orochimaru. The other was of her slipping poison in a boy's IV tube at the hospital while he was asleep. I assume that it was her teammate, because by his bed side, there was a picture with her, him, Hikaru and my mother. The other vision was with her putting on a mask and then attacking me in the forest of death. Finally, the last one that made my blood boil and my soul cold as ice was of her killing one ninja, and severely hurting another one, and what made it worse was that the one who she injured was the purple haired ninja who helped me in the forest of death.

My eyes snapped open, and the only thing that I could think about was how could she. "HOW COULD YOU?" I screamed as I lunged at her. I tackled her to the floor and began beating the day lights out of her. "You monster!" I screamed as I continued to beat her. I lifted her by her collar and punched her across the room. She hit the wall right where I had hit and made a crater twice the size of mine.

I slowly walked over to her. "How could you give your own sensei away to a snake like Orochimaru? How could you poison your own teammate? How could you kill another ninja for your own personal gain? How could you?" I did a few hand signs and a wall of ice separated me from the crowd. I know that they are going to try to stop me.

"Stop the match!" came a voice.

"No!" I said. I walked closer to her and held my hand out. She winced in pain. I now had a lock on the moisture in her body. "She must pay."

"Mayuki, stop!" said my mother, but what did she know?

"Those who abandon their mission is scum, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum," I said. I began to close my hand which began to freeze all of the liquid in her body.

Hikari began to cry out in pain. Leaf jonin began to jump down and pound on the ice.

"Mayuki stop!" they all screamed. The more they screamed, the more I closed my hand. Well, that was until I heard the one voice that I swore I won't hear again.

"Alyssis Catherine Lake, you stop it right now!"

*****************************************

ANNE

When the light from the machine died down, we were standing in front of a huge red wall with the huge gold kanji written on it.

"The Village Hidden in the Leaf," said Nate in awe. "Thomas, you are a genius."

"Anne," said Thomas as he turned around, but stopped short with his mouth fully agape.

"Thomas, what... whoa," said Nate as he too stared at me with his mouth opened.

"What happened?" I asked. I was getting scared.

Nate took out a mirror from his pocket and I rolled my eyes. Of course, he would have a mirror. He then gave it to me, but before he let go of it he said, "Don't freak out, okay."

Opening the mirror with shaking hands, I dreaded what was going to be reflected at me. When I saw my reflection, I gasped in shock. I was staring not at an Anne with black hair and dark blue eyes, but one with snowy white hair and my original eye color which was light blue. My skin was pale, almost like a ghostly color. My mind then wondered to the journal I had read a few weeks ago; I was still not sure whether it was a hoax or not. However, I was sure fitting the description of the child from one of the entries.