Chapter 42: The Truth Comes Out

Thank you all for getting me to 8.4k. This really gets me going. I really love you guys... Thank you again \(^ . ^)/

*****************************************

Tears streamed down my face as I watched my sister went from winner to pulverized loser. It was hard watching my sister be beaten like that. That was even worse than when I was beaten. I watched as our 'teammate' threw her to the floor and pummeled her. Then it was that sickening crack when my sister hit the wall.

"STOP!" I screamed, but the fell on deaf ears. I turned to Yukine-sensei, but she was calm. However, when I looked into her eyes, she was distressed.

I watched as my sister was beat out of her kekke genkai form by a Kitsune Mayuki.

My breaking point was when Mayuki began to freeze Hikari's blood, and as her twin, I could have felt a portion of what she felt, and it was excruciating.

"Stop, Mayuki!" I screamed. I was about to jump down, but I was held back by Ryoku. He was well enough to watch the final matches. I looked into his amber eyes with tears in my light blue ones.

"Hikaru, I have to tell you something," he said. I nodded and continued to painfully watch my sister. When the match was officially over, Mayuki was announced the winner and Hikari was carted off to the infirmary. "Karu, let's go," said Ryo as he pulled me behind him. We pushed past people who were still in awe at the fight. Hell, I was still in shock with that fight.

We had finally made it out of the arena and we walked a few feet away and stopped in a patch of grass. Ryo looked around then transformed. My eyes widened as I gasped in shock. In the place of his olive colored skin, there was a pale complexion, and for jet black spiky hair, and his amber eyes for emerald green ones. However, the most shocking thing about him was his attire. He had on a jonin's vest with a black shirt and black baggy pants and an Octogacure head band on.

"Hikari isn't what she seems to be," he whispered.

My anger spiked. "How can you say that about Hikari?"

"She works for Orcochimaru, Hikaru," she whisper/yelled.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because one day, she visited me and thought that I was asleep, but I was just meditating. I knew it was her, because she was humming the song that Yukine-sensei sings for us. That's when I heard it. The sound of my IV tubes shifting and a syringe squirting."

**********************FLASH BACK******************

RYOKU

I cracked my eyes open and saw a purple liquid in her hands and her going to inject it into the tubes. She was poisoning me while I slept, that's why I wasn't getting any better. I closed my eyes when she turned to me. She told me that she was sorry, but she had no choice to do it, that Orochimaru was going to give her back her sister.

She needed me out of the picture so Yukine-sensei would have no other choice but to include Mayuki in the team, and she couldn't hurt you. After she left, I made sure that she was fully gone and ripped the IV from my vein. I slowly got up from my bed and my vision became dizzy. The poison was already taking effect on my body. I looked out of my window and saw her walking very fast.

Taking a deep breath, I jumped out of the window, and used my chakra to cushion the fall, but it still hurt like hell. I followed her and was surprised when she left the village. Hiding my chakra, I followed closely behind her, which was hard because a bit of poison was still coursing through my body. I followed her all the way to a huge wall. My training was now being tested to its limits.