It All Started With A Book

Jason reclined back against the arm of the couch he was currently occupying, his legs outstretched in front of him which made it more comfortable. He could feel the other end of the couch when he shifted, his toes brushed against it every time, it seemed amusing in a way but he chalked it up to his tired mind.

He leaned over, placed his right palm flat on the floor to help create leverage and hold his weight. Jason then proceeded to outstretch his left arm toward the coffee table, his fingers just barely brushing the spine of the book he so desperately wanted. In his desperation, he stretched a bit further and managed to shift it a couple inches closer, just enough to grab it.

His victory was short lived for he overestimated his capability and found himself sprawled out on the floor with the book lying beside him. It took a moment for his sleep-addled brain to processes the sound of amused giggling. The source appeared to be coming from the entrance of the room and so he tilted his head back and found Tim standing in the archway. His slender hand clasped over his mouth in a makeshift attempt to stifle his insistent giggling. The laughing fit made his entire body shake along with it and his eyes to sparkle with fresh unshed tears of mirth. It was an amazing sight, one so captivating, so entrancing and it managed to show just how young and full of life he was. It was a sight he could get used to.

Jason found himself wanting to make him laugh like that again and it brought a small smile to his lips, "Find something funny replacement?" He'd said it in a teasing manner, it no longer held the heat and bite it had once upon a time.

It took a few moments for Tim to collect himself enough to get the giggles out of his system and then he was kneeling down next to Jason and plucking the book up, long bony digits encircling the spine. Tim's blue eyes examining the title before his lips quirked up into a fond smile. "Just you. Now tell me, why didn't you just get off your lazy lug and grab your novel instead of making it more complicated by trying to reach it from the couch?"

"Cause I'm too tired to walk two feet and I didn't want to get up. Besides, I was comfortable".

Tim set the book back on the glass surface of the coffee table and looked down at Jason, he shook his head and sighed. "You're unbelievable", he stated as he straightened himself back up into a standing position.

"Planning on staying there all night?"

"Yeah, I just told you I was too lazy to get up to grab my book. Do you really think I want to get up from my position on the floor? Besides, it's kind of comfy down here on the carpet."

"You're ridiculous." He moved so that he was now standing between Jason's legs and extended his hand for Jason, he waited for him to take it so he could haul him back to his feet. "Come on."

He didn't bother with a reply, instead, he took hold of Tim's waiting hand. But right as he went to pull him up Jason tightened his grip on his palm and pulled back. The yank caused Tim to lurch forward and successfully knocking him off balance and caused him to fall atop of him.

Their bodies collided and Tim let out a startled cry, all the air leaving his lungs in a rush. His hands were now splayed across Jason's chest in a way that looked like he tried to catch himself but failed.

He tried to fix Jason with a sharp glare but the smile on his face betrayed him and gave away the fact that he wasn't actually angry.

Jason took it as a small victory on his part.

"The hell was that?"

"Just thought you should see what I meant about the floor being comfy, that's all."

"Didn't really work considering I'm on top of you instead of lying on the floor."

"Minor details Babybird, now tell me, are you comfortable?'