01

| chapter one

"Skylar, please don't be so stubborn. I'm sure you'll like it here." My mother says while turning off the car. I roll my eyes and open the car door. She pops the trunk and gets out as well.

The front door of my new house opens and I turn my head. There he was. Austin Sartorius. My soon to be stepdad.

He walks down the gravel pathway dressed in his grey suit.

"Hey kiddo." He smiles and awkwardly pats my head. I try not to laugh as I grab my suitcase from the back.

"Do you mind if I go inside?" I ask Austin. He looks away from my mother and back at me.

"You are aware you live here now, you don't need to ask to go inside." He laughs and returns to kissing my mother. I shake my head and make my way to the front door. I slowly turn the knob and open the large door.

I drag my suitcase into the front room and shut the door. This place was definitely bigger than what I'm used to. But hey, who's complaining?

I decide to go do some exploring. This house did have two stories, so I didn't walk up many steps before I was upstairs.

There were two doors on each wall of the long hallway, and one at the very end. I smile at the pictures on the wall. Many of Austin and the little boy he had mentioned.

Right as I was about to turn the knob on one of the doors, it swings open rather quickly. A tall teenage boy stands directly in front of me, with only a white towel wrapped around his waist.

My eyes go wide and a loud scream escapes my mouth. There is running up the stairs, and my mother and Austin stand in front of the boy and I.

"I see you've met Jacob." Austin says looking back and fourth between us.

I give him a confused look.

"You said he was six." I look up at the tall boy.

"No Skylar," Austin says. "I said he was sixteen."

-
hope you all enjoyed (:
            -B