22

| chapter twenty-two

Today I would be going on my date with Jacob. I was beyond excited. I grab my white jeans, teal hoodie from PINK, and my grey converse. I wasn't sure where we were going, so I decided to keep things casual.

I put on my outfit and straighten my hair, leaving it down. I grab my phone from my bed and walk downstairs.

Jacob was sitting at the table and he sends me a cheesy smile. I laugh and look over at my mom who was doing the dishes.

"Well, we're off to the mall." Jacob says getting up from the table. My mom nods and smiles.

"You two have fun." She continues to wash the dishes and Jacob and I walk outside. Lord only knows what would happen if my mom and Austin found out we were going on a date behind their backs.

We both get into the car, and I begin to feel nervous. Jacob and I have never actually been on a real date before.

"Can you just tell me where we're going?" I pout as he starts up the car.

"Sorry, Sky. That's for me to know and for you to find out." He smirks and backs out of the driveway.

-

The car ride is filled with soft music and the wind blowing through the windows. I look outside and see a beautiful field filled with white daisies, the trees were tall and the river was flowing by.

Jacob parks the car, and gets out. He walks over to my side and helps me out as well. It was really beautiful, when you live in the city you don't really see things like this.

He grabs a bag from the back seat and takes my hand in his. We walk along a path of long grass.

We stop at a bench by the stream. Jacob sets down the bag and begins taking out food. I smile as I watch him do so. This was so nice of him.

He grabs the food and walks to the side of the large stream. He sits down first, and then helps me.

"Do you like it?" He says handing me a sandwich. I smile at him and look ahead at the water.

"I love it."

It was so quiet and peaceful here. The only sounds to be heard were the sounds of the water and birds hiding in the trees.

I take a bite of my sandwich and feel Jacob's eyes on me. I look over.

"What?" I ask, wiping my mouth. "Is it mayo?"

He chuckles and shakes his head.

"No."

"Then what is it?" I ask.

"I just like you." He smiles. I smile as well and take another bite of my sandwich.

We both finish eating, when Jacob stands up and begins to take off his shirt.

"Woah. What are you doing?" I ask, now standing up as well. He laughs lightly and sets his shirt to the side.

"Swimming. Obviously." He states as he unties his sneakers. I cross my arms and watch him.

"You're gonna swim in that random stream?" I ask. He unbottons his jeans and pulls them down, leaving him in only his boxers.

"It's not a random stream." He laughs. "I came here every day when I was younger."

I nod my head and look between Jacob and the stream. He steps in front of me, holding his hand out.

"Oh, um I don't think so." I say looking down at his hand. I didn't want to swim in this water that was probably freezing.

"Suit yourself." He gets a running start and jumps into the water. I sit on the side and watch him while playing with the bottom of my jacket. He surfaces to the top and smiles at me.

"The water is warm, Skylar." He calls out. Jacob swims over to me and places his hands on my knees.

"You gotta come him." He frowns. I shake my head. I didn't even have anything to swim in. There was no way I was getting in the water.

"Put your feet in then." He pleads. I guess that wouldn't be so bad. I untie my shoelaces and place them to the side. I take off my socks and stick them inside my shoes. When dipping my feet in, the water was surprisingly warm like Jacob said.

Jacob smiles at me, "There you go."

I sway my feet back and forth and Jacob disappears back under the water.

His head pokes back up and he yet again swims in my direction. He places his hands on my thighs, and out of no where I'm pulled into the water.

I resurface and take a deep breath.

"Jacob!" I yell. He laughs and I move the hair out of my face.

"Oh come on. You know you wanted to come in." He says, wrapping his arms around my waist. I was going to speak when I stop myself. He was right, the water did look pretty fun.

We continue to splash each other and swim around when I notice the sun going down.

"It's getting late." I tell Jacob as I get out of the water. My clothes were dripping. I put on my socks and shoes as Jacob gets out of the water.

I watch him get dressed, staring at his back muscles every time he would move.

Once he is done, he grabs my hand and the bag from the table.

We start to walk off when I stop dead in my tracks.

"What's wrong?" Jacob looks back at me. I look down at my soaking wet clothes.

"How am I supposed to explain this to my mother?" I say referring to my clothes. He shrugs.

There is a loud crack of thunder in the sky, causing both of us to jump.

Rain immediately begins to fall on us as we race to the car. We both get inside and Jacob looks over at me.

"Well, there's your explanation." He laughs and starts up the car.

-

Off to school. This is my longest chapter so far! Jacob and Skylar go on a d8 ❤️ do you ship it? If you don't, don't worry she's not done with Hunter.
- B