The Accident

I still remember the day of the accident, it plays over and over in my head. I see the gun, the blood...last of all I remember the man who murdered my family. The man charged into our house, fired his gun and my father fell to the ground. I heard screams, coming from me and my sister. She was older by a few years and covered my mouth and silently pulled me into the kitchen. Quickly and quietly she handed me a knife and grabbed one for herself too. From the other room I heard my mother scream and we came around just in time to see her look of terror as the man fired his weapon again and she fell right next to dad.

"Hailey," My sister said. "We have to end this. Stay here."

"NO!!" I said scared and on the verge of tears.

She kissed my forehead and slipped around the corner. I heard her scream and I saw blood pool around the side of the wall. I heard the knife clink to the floor and I heard someone fall. Cecilia came around the corner covered in blood.

"It's okay Hailey." She said calmly as she held me close.

Next, all I remember is the last gun shot...the one that killed my sister. Just like that, she collapsed. "NO!!!" I screamed tears streaming down my cheeks. I took all my fear and anger and charged the man full force. Both of us went flying backwards and fell to the floor. I grabbed the knife and stabbed him before he could fire. Then...everything was silent.

I snap out of the nightmarish daydream and take a last look at my room. I can't believe i'm really leaving. I guess in the end it is the right decision . I needed a changed of scenery. All I knew was, my mother's friend was taking me in and I was moving across the country. That was not expected, at all. Last of all, she had 8 sons, and 5 girls. How could I possibly make it work?