Chapter 9- The Big Day

Josie's POV

Weeks pass uneventfully. And before I know it, it's the morning of the wedding.

I wake to Eadlyn jumping onto me and my maid, Cindy, pulling back the curtains.

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" She yells like a little kid on Christmas morning.

I moan and throw a pillow at her. She shakes me harder. "Get ready then come to my room." She shakes me one last time before running out.

I sit up and look at my clock.

Five A. M.

She got me up six hours before the wedding starts.

Cindy brings me a light breakfast and I head into the bathroom once I finish eating.

I brush my teeth and Cindy pulls my blonde hair up into a braided bun.

I walk to my closet in search of the perfect dress. After a good ten minutes of searching,  I find it.

It's knee length and strapless. It has been designed in such a way like pastel colored brushstrokes cover it.

I pair it with my white sandals I wore to prank Osten and a silver chain with a small rose quartz piece.

I have good memories in these sandals. I think to myself, remembering the attack.

Ever the loyal subject, I walk out of my room and over to Eady's.

I debate knocking on the door or just letting myself in and decide to do the latter.

What I see when I walk in is nothing of how I thought it would be. Eadlyn, Mom, Miss America, and what seems like a million maids are running around, all reeking pure havoc.

I can't help thinking about just slipping away. They wouldn't even notice me gone. It's not like I'm actually going to be in the wedding.

Before I can decide, Eadlyn sees me and drags me to the bathroom.

"Finally," She says, "you're here. I need your help picking out eyeshadow."

She shows me two different colors. "I don't know which one to use. The brown would be too bold. And I'm afraid the light pink would make me seem too soft. Choose."

I observe the two choices when I realize something. "Eadlyn?"

Her eyes snap to mine. "Did you already choose? That was fast. Which one?"

"Eadlyn, slow down. I didn't choose one. I was going to say that I don't think you should wear eyeshadow."

"Why not?" She asks.

"Eikko's not going to care about what color eyeshadow you're wearing. You could go out there without any makeup on and he'd still love you. It doesn't matter. The dress, the makeup. To him, at least. He's there for you."

She looks at me. "You're right, Josie. Eikko would still love me even if I was wearing potato sacks as clothes."

At seven, Miss America asks me to go check on the boys.

I head down the hallway to Mr. Maxon and Miss America's room. I open the door to see Mr. Maxon, Ahren, Kaden, Kile, Osten, and Eikko's Father, and the groom himself all sitting around the table eating breakfast.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Eating breakfast. What does it look like, Jo?" Kile says, using his nickname for me.

"Mom, Miss America, and, I don't know, Eadlyn, won't be too happy about tbis, will they?"

"Oh, please don't tell them." Mr. Maxon says.

"I don't know, you better hurry up before one of them, excluding Eady, comes."

I walk back to Eadlyn ' s room and approach Mom and Miss America who are currently sitting at the table, taking a break from all the commotion.

"You would never believe what the guys are doing." I tell them.

"What?" Mom asks.

"They're all sitting around the table eating breakfast. All except Daddy though." I can see mom's sigh of relief. "Yeah, Daddy wasn't even there."

Both Mom and Miss America stand up at the same time. "Well Marlee, I think we have a job to do." Mom nods and they head out the door.

It's just me, Camille, Mrs. Koskinen, and Eady.

Her nerves are showing badly. She's shaking. Suddenly she runs from the room and into the bathroom. We can all hear her loose her breakfast. Just the noise almost makes me run in there and do the same thing.

Camille and I run in and Camille rubs her back and whispers to her. I stand there kind of awkwardly before getting her a glass of water.

She stands up and gladly takes it. "Thank you."

I smile. "Don't worry. I'm sure I'd do the same thing."