Chapter 32: Part 4

A few songs later, we were still dancing. I felt so safe and warm in his arms. I was addicted to that feeling and never wanted it to go away. Maxon seemed to know that and made no move to let go.

All of a sudden, chills ran down my spine. I didn't know how I could tell, but someone was looking at me.

You might say, "It's your wedding, stupid. You're the bride. Of course people are looking at you." But this wasn't the kind of look I got from my parents or family. That look was full of love and made me warm inside. This gaze looking at me was filled with hate.

I turned my head slowly, trying to see who was looking at me with such loathing. I was about to give up- I mean, it must've been my imagination- when a dark shadow caught my eye.

I squinted, trying to figure out who was there. I couldn't seem to see them at all. All I knew was, that was the person who was staring at me. They weren't only looking at me, though. I felt their gaze on Maxon, too. The dislike was even more prominent for Maxon. Whoever they were, they had some serious issues with us.

I didn't like that the person was staring at Maxon that way. He'd done nothing to deserve it. I glanced at Maxon. He seemed oblivious to the mysterious person's glare. I held in a growl at the thought of anyone wanting to hurt this beautiful and amazing man that I was lucky to call my husband.

I was about to alert Maxon about the person, when I saw them move swiftly to a side exit. The night sky didn't provide any light as they stepped outside. I sighed in frustration at the thought of not knowing who it was.

I had idea about who it was, but I didn't want to think about that possibility. He wouldn't dare come here. Not tonight. Not when he knew if I saw his face ever again, that I would have him thrown in a cell for the rest of his life.

I pulled Maxon closer to me protectively. He pulled back and asked, "Are you okay, love?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I moved in again and continued. "I just don't ever want to see you hurt."

He kissed the top of my head and murmured into my hair, "Well, I'm glad I have you because as long as that's true, nothing will seem that bad."

END OF BOOK THREE

MORE TO COME IN BOOK FOUR: THE ROYALTY

Sorry for the short chapter!!!! Wait for the next update. It'll give you more details about The Royalty!!

XOXO,

Abby