Echos

••Third Person••

Ashton boiled with anger, his hands clenching, his jaw squeezing tightly together. Dr.Laura saw the change in emotion and frankly, was scared. His biceps flexed showing off his immense muscles that could easily beat her to the pulse, but she stayed strong.

She needed this patient to succeed.

You don't need pills Ashton! You need us! That's what you need!

They voices were back, and Ashton agreed with them. He was normal, he isn't crazy. He's normal.

"I. Don't. Need. Pills" he growled sending Dr.Laura chills down her back.

She gulped "Ashton, that's what I gave you yesterday. The shot. Those were your pills" she said as calm as possible.

"I DONT NEED THEM! I AM NORMAL!"

She took a shaky deep breath "I know sweetie, I know but they can help you. Please take them"

It shocked Ashton to see how calm Dr.Laura was, usually if he was like this to Luke he would shit himself. Literally.

"I.SAID.I.DONT.NEED.THEM" daggers shot through Dr.Laura "I AM
NORMAL! YOU ALL THINK YOUR SO PERFECT AND AMAZING! BECAUSE
YOU ARENT LIKE ME!"

Laura was shocked, she took a deep breath again and spoke the truth "Ashton, I'm not normal either." She said quietly "It's good not to be normal. I'm like you. I have depression, I'm anorexic, I take the pills too. I-I don't like taking them but I can eat them, I'm not constantly thinking that I should end everything." She rolled up her jacket exposing her old white scars "I used to cut. My parent hated me, my friends found out and mocked me. I had nobody. I was alone. But then I came here, seeing all the people who I could relate to. I could help them. I was happy. I want to help you. I don't want you hurting anymore. I want you living."

Ashton was speechless, she took pills too? He smiled "Thank you" he said tears forming in his eyes. "Thank you" he hugged her.

Crying into her neck.

And that was how the second day of therapy ended.

Forgetting to give him his pills.