Clash of Sea and Stom

-streets of London-

1878

Will stared at the mouth of the alley he was going into, it was dark and smelled of organic material left out in the sun for too long. Of course this was where the monsters were, in the foul smelling pit of London.

Will braced himself as he walked to the narrow lane. It had been five years since he had become a full member of the legion, since the total departure of the gods and Camp Minerva had been desperate for warriors, sending even under trained persons like Will out into the battlefield. Or well, at least to slightly decrease the amount of monsters the next time they attack.

Further into the alley Will heard noises, he softly crept deeper into the small passage. His heart thumped in his chest, he still felt anxious every time he killed a monster. The noises at the end of the alley were growing louder with every step until he could hear a soft muffled sounds.

Wham!

Something hard collided with Will's face, clutching his face he stumbled back. With his free hand Will quickly drew out his sword, only to find one already pointed at his neck.

"Stop playing games with me, monster." The owner of the sword told him. The voice was strong and steady but distinctly feminine. It sounded odd, her vowels were inconsistent, changing from a harsh cockney to soft nasally American one.

"I'm not a monster." Will growled at his captor, he wasn't able to turn his head to look at the girl from where she held him.

'Oh look what I've gotten myself into. There's some maniac Half-Blood with their sword against my neck threatening me. Oh Jem would get a kick out of this.'

Will knew exactly how Jem would react to this, he would smile a little then he would use one of those knives he had gotten from Artemise and slit this person's throat, of course then he would tease Will about it for weeks on end. Will was incredibly grateful Jem wasn't here.

"Do you take me for a fool Eidolon? I know that you've been following me and my charge for the last few hours. No monsters would be ludicrous enough come this close to us Greeks." The girl said.

'Greeks?' Will's mind churned, the senate knew that the Greeks were somewhere around but never had an exact location. It would explain how the monsters never seemed to be anywhere near this part of the slums.

"I'm not an eidolon" Will pleaded, racking his brain for any information on the monster. "Look at my eyes." Will said relieved that he could remember that eidolons had golden eyes. The girl went silent obviously contemplating his suggestion, before she slowly tilted her sword up so that he was looking at her. All Will could see about the greacus was a dark blue hood and cape that wrapped around the girl obscuring her body and face. A pale hand flashed up to where Will assumed her mouth was hidden and her sword dropping from under his chin once she saw his face.

"You aren't lying?" The girl whispered, shocked.

"Well of course not." Will said starting to feel annoyed.

"You've been following us for the last two hours, so I think I'm entitled to think that you're a monster." the girl snapped back at him.

"What? I haven't been following you for the last two hours. And who is us? There seems to be only one of you. " Will said

The girl ignored the last question, she stiffened and stared at Will. "He's still after us."

A low chuckle echoed through the alley. "I was wondering how long it would take you to realize that his boy isn't me." The eidolon said. "Maybe after you had sliced his throat open? You know I'd always thought you'd have taken after Athena, but then again, sometimes the smartest people can be brash. Especially if they're protecting something." The Eidolon said sounding smug. By the way it was talking this was probably an old monster. Will had only fought few older monsters, mostly with the entire cohort.