Rouge Tree~5

~Sasha~

I had never seen an Alpha, much less an Alpha in the top ten strongest packs, back down to his little sister. Or anyone for that matter. Who knew that this Ryder Mitchel was the Alpha's daughter- his second child!

Everyone was watching her as she put the phone back on the reciever and sat back down, her face red with anger. Who knew my baby was such a... well, baby. She was so fragile, so breakable. She was like a glass figurine in the hands of a beast. She was just so... so... so I don't know. So alone, that I didn't think she'd be so breakable. I don't think I noticed the large bruises on her shoulders- the ones from me. So she was fragile.

Like glass.

She sat in her seat, folding her arms across her chest, and glaring at the plateful of food right in front of her. "Family probs?" Snowy asked, leaning across the table.

"Don't ask." I snapped, narrowing my eyes.

"It's fine. And yeah- I do have family problems." Ryder admited, unfolding her arms from her chest.

"What happened?"

"I ran of about seven years ago..."

~Ryder~

~FLASHBACK~

Oscar laughed with me, laughing at the now wet butler who was red and shaking with anger. His black beady eyes glared down on us, his hands clenched and him trying to control his anger. It was inapproprite to lash out on the Alpha's children. Oscar was always treated better than me, I knew it, and everyone else knew I knew. It was just that easy to understand. Oscar smiled at me, and grabbed my hand in his, leading us both back to the gorgsous home- the one reserved just for the Alpha and his family.

Because I was born premature, and also because no one thought I was going to die, I'm extremely fragile. I can't train like the rest of the kids my age, or be as strong as Oscar is. I can't do a lot of stuff. Also, because I was premature, my healing ability I have as a werewolf isn't as strong. It's weaker, but still quicker than a human's healing ability. Because of that, most injurys that wouldn't be life threating to others are life threatening to me.

Like last year. I fell off the roof because I was putting up the christmas lights with Oscar and the beta's son Valentine Cook, a ten year old like me and my brother. I broke my arm that day, and almost bleed to death- If it wasn't for the Pack Doctor who luckily was outside, I wouldn't have surrvived. My dad whipped Oscar and Valentine just at the thought that I wouldn't survive.

Because of that, I ran away. I ran away because I was too fragile, to small to weak. I wouldn't be able to be like the other Alpha families, and I was treated like a baby.

~FLASHBACK ENDS~

~Sasha~

After she explained why she ran off, we all understood. Sort-of. Most of the girl's in our pack are annoyed with their strength and wish it didn't exist. With Ryder, she wanted that strength. She needed it.

And me being the Alpha who wants his mate to be happy, I was going to give her that strength.