Part 1-10

Part 1- Where to Begin
You walk into your flat, Sherlock two steps behind you. You sit on the couch as soon as you unlock the door, placing your coat at your side. You get your cup of tea off the table and start to sip when you get a text. It's from Lestrade. It has an address accompanied by the words "there's a new one. Don't tell SH."

Tell Sherlock: Part 2
Go to the crime scene without Sherlock: Part 3

Part 2- No Secrets

"Sherlock. I've just gotten a text from Lestrade. There's a new case and I think he wants both of us to help." Wow, way to lie. Why not listen to Lestrade for once? "You go call a cab while I tell him we are coming." You pretend to text Lestrade while Sherlock goes outside and hails a cab. Sorry Greg.

Realizing that you made a mistake (with help from me, the narrator) you open the window and use the fire escape. You walk a few blocks before hailing a cab. Sherlock can't find out.

Go to the crime scene: Part 4

Part 3- Tell the Truth

You tell Sherlock you're going to go shopping for some food, exclaiming that there's no decent food in the flat. You know that it works, but not for long. Soon Sherlock will find out where you are and come investigate. Better hurry. You practically run outside and call a cab, going immediately to the crime scene.

Go to the crime scene: Part 4

Part 4- Narrators know best

You get a text that you want to involve Sherlock in but can't. Next best thing: leave Sherlock and do not tell Lestrade that Sherlock knows/will find out sooner or later. Btw I'm really admiring your choices. You took my advice to listen to Greg, and here you are! Let's just hope that this works out in your favour.

You get to the crime scene and pass under the POLICE tape while Sally Donovan holds it for you. "Sherlock's not here?" She asks as she lowers her arm. You shake your head and walk into the flat.

"There you are!" Lestrade exclaims. "Thanks for not bringing Sherlock, I don't want him to get all hyper because this case is... Familiar. I'll show you."

He waits for you to put on the white suit and gloves (so you don't alter the crime scene in any way) and you follow him upstairs. There, in the middle of the room, is a young boy. The word Rache is written above his head, and you see an IOU at his feet. "I owe you a come back with all my greatest hits", you read out loud. "The least I can do after you've missed me for so long." It's all written in marker.

You look at Lestrade before looking to examine the boy. His shirt. There are grenades on it. This really is a throwback to some of his most popular cases. Rache from his first case that was ever documented, IOU from you know when, bombs and a little boy from when Sherlock just saved the kid and figured out how the painting was fake. But this is only the beginning, dear reader. For example, who's that knocking on the door?

Open the door: Part 5
Its (probably) Sherlock, let Lestrade open the door: Part 6
Leave it and look at Lestrade with an annoyed look that says "we have a crime to deal with, who cares about someone knocking": Part 7