Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms, And if you like having secret little rendezvous, If you like to do the things you know we shouldn't do, then baby I'm perfect." - Perfect - One Direction

"You got everything packed?" My mom asked as she stepped foot in my bedroom.

I looked down at my suitcase and carry on bag. "Yes, I think so."

I leave for Florida with Matt and his family today for his basketball tournament. It's only for the weekend, but I know it is still going to be a great trip. I was excited to spend these next few days with him, but I was also nervous because I want it all to go smoothly. His parents and sister, Jaycee will be going with us but Matt promised us some alone time during the weekend.

It is his birthday weekend after all.

It wasn't long after, that Matt was ringing our doorbell.

He grinned when I opened the door, "You ready for the beach?"

He squeezed me in a hug as I nodded yes. Unfortunately, February in Florida is still pretty cold so we won't get to enjoy the ocean. But Matt said there was a hot tub at our hotel so I'm sure we will put that to use. Even though this trip is for his basketball tournament, I am hoping for some one on one time with him. He promised he would make sure we did.

As we got in the car, Matt and I were in the back, Jaycee was in the middle seats with her friend, and his parents were in the front.

The beach was about seven hours, so we had a long drive ahead of us. Lucky for me, I love road trips and being with Matt just made it even better.

Matt and I got comfortable in the back seat, but not too comfortable since his family was in the car with us; if you know what I mean. The first half of the ride was spent just chatting with Matt and annoying him while he tried to sleep. He explained to me that when we got to the hotel tonight, we would check in and then head out to dinner with his team. Tomorrow, he has basketball games all day so I will be spending the day with his family watching him on court. Then on Sunday, is his birthday and so we were going to spend the morning at the hotel and then later that evening we will head back home. His family wanted to have dinner for his birthday that night, but what we do that day was up to us.

The only downside to this trip, will be having to share a hotel room with Jaycee and her friend. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl. But she is just a lot younger than me and I don't really know her or her friend that well. I just do not want it to be awkward. Of course I would have loved a hotel room by myself, but Matt and his family is so nice to let me accompany them on this trip so I cannot complain at all.

Matt was currently sound asleep, his head on the pillow that was propped up on the window. His legs sprawled out and in my lap. I wanted him to stay awake and keep me entertained during the ride, but he was tired and had a long day ahead of him tomorrow so I finally let him sleep a bit. He did look really adorable asleep anyways.

I was jamming to music on my iPhone when we stopped at a gas station to get gas. Matt must have felt us stop moving because I notice him stir and open his eyes. He grinned lazily when he caught my eye and I took my headphones out of my ears so I could talk to him.

"Hey, sleepy head."

He sat up, and stretched his arms above his head. "Where are we?" He asked.

His mom turned around from the passenger seat. "We are a little over half way there."

Matt sighed, "I'm ready to get out of this car."