Awakening

The weather is finally warming up, enough to melt the last of winter's snowfall. The ground is muddy, but you can see the tiny green buds of flowers coming through the wet dirt.

I've just heard that some people actually find others to keep them warm in the winter, and it's called cuffing season, who knew? Apparently people in Hollywood do.

As unfortunate as that is, maybe that's what I was to her. Just someone to keep her warm. I thought we had been more than something so more than that, than just one season, but I don't think I'll ever truly know. Besides, the season is over and done with, just like we are.

It happened, and now it's over. Simple as that.

I don't think it's something I should dwell on, and like the weather is telling me, this is a fresh start. The awakening of a new beginning. Maybe this time of year, it's like that for me too.

She was present in the winter, and now winter's gone. So this should be the time I awaken from this setback and move on. A season shouldn't cause deep scars, even the icy reminants are melting outside my window's layer of glass.

---

So, I learned this term on Snapchat a while ago and thought it was quite appropriate :P

For those of you who haven't read my story Winter Lovers, which is the prequel or previous book, welcome! This is a continuation of one character's story, and I'm not particularly sure whether to call it a sequel or a spin off. This is because you don't have to read Winter Lovers, even though I would love if you did! It's a continuation, but not something that requires knowing all the previous details, if you know what I mean :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of a kind of new story, thanks for reading!

~Talia :)

Btw, I don't always write these in my short stories, and I usually didn't in Winter Lovers, but I just thought it would make sense for this one :)