The Fifth Element: Protect Life - Lilu's POV

I own nothing except for characters that aren't in the movie. No copyright infrigement intended, I make no profit from this!

            My name is Lilu. I am the Fifth Element, the Supreme Being; I was built to protect life. A little over an hour and a half ago, I killed the creatures that had viciously murdered my fellow kind, and I had been shot at afterwards. I survived, but I was so very, very tired and I just wanted to rest; but I knew I couldn’t – I had a purpose, a mission to complete. Corbin Dallas – a human male whom I had grown to love – was carrying me in his arms inside the temple located in Egypt, the only place from which I could save mankind. I heard Vito Cornelius – a priest – command Corbin to place me in the middle of the room inside the temple, and then I lost consciousness. I awoke to Corbin shaking me gently, asking me how to open the stones – the element stones which were essential for the weapon against evil to work. “Wind blows, fire burns, rain….f-falls….” I answered him weakly, only getting through three of the elements before losing consciousness again. In my unconscious state, I saw the vicious murder of my fellow kind that had taken place before I awoke on Earth. It replayed over and over in my mind and I couldn’t escape the terrifying images no matter how much I wanted to. The only time I was able to escape them was when Corbin shook me awake once again, telling me that I had to “work now”. I stared up at the ceiling saying, “Protect life….until death.” “No, no Lilu! Lilu, listen to me – listen to me. Listen, listen. I know you’re very tired, I know you’re very tired – I’ll take you on a real vacation when we’re done; I swear, a real vacation, just you and me. But listen to me, if you don’t do something right now, we’re all going to die; do you understand?” “What’s the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?” Corbin replied, “Lilu you’re right, you’re right, you’re right. But there are – there are some things, some very nice things worth saving, some beautiful things; beautiful things….” He held me close to him, my head resting on his shoulder. My voice trembled as I asked, “Like love?” Tears were streaming down my face and I held onto Corbin tightly, as if he was the only person in the universe that could save me from the torment of never knowing what love felt like. He held me tighter. “Yes, yes – that’s good, that’s good, that’s a good example - like love; love is worth saving.” “But I don’t know love; I don’t know love,” I whispered. “I was built to protect not to love….so there’s no other use for me.” Corbin shook his head. “No, no, no, no you’re wrong, you’re wrong. I need you. I need you very much.” I stared into his eyes, taking a shaky breath. “Why?” He pulled me close to him again, whispering, “Because….because….” I barely heard Vito say, “Tell her, Corbin.” I needed to hear him say it; I needed to hear Corbin tell me why. “Tell me, please why you need me.” The only word that left his lips was, “Because.” My heart was breaking but I needed to know. “Tell me….tell me,” I whimpered. “Because I – because I love you,” he whispered. I gasped for air as a sob escaped my throat, and then Corbin’s lips touched my own as he kissed me. I knew from that moment on, I would never love any person besides him. The kiss we shared was nothing like the first - this time, I was actually conscious; I wanted him to kiss me and to never let me go. A beam of light suddenly erupted from my chest, shooting up into the sky and destroying the evil that had threatened mankind’s existence only moments before. As the beam lost its intensity, I collapsed in Corbin’s arms, feeling so tired that all I wanted to do was sleep, forever. He cradled me gently in his arms and carried me back to the ship, placing me on the bed. He softly kissed my lips and whispered, “Sleep, love. I’ll be here when you wake up, I promise."