The Next Morning

I fell into a dreamless sleep and when I woke up, Corbin was laying next to me. I recognized where we were – it was the same place I had awoken in when I first opened my eyes after landing on Earth; I didn’t panic – as long as I was with Corbin, I was safe. I smiled happily as I lay in his arms, content to stay there for all of eternity. A few moments later, he stirred and woke up, grinning when he saw my face. Corbin reached up and moved a strand of hair away from my face. “Hey beautiful.” I smiled broadly at him. “Hey,” I replied, pulling him towards me and kissing him gently. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer; it was at that moment that I knew I wanted to be as one with him, to tie myself to him in every way humanly possible. I had learned about making love, but since I had never experienced it myself, I had no idea how to initiate it. I tugged at his shirt, feeling a little foolish when he didn’t understand my action. I pulled Corbin closer to me and whispered softly in his ear, “Make love to me.” I pulled back to look at his face – his eyes were wide with shock, but a moment later his face softened with a loving smile. “Okay,” he replied; his breathing hitched a little bit. I could tell he was nervous and so was I, but I knew that – no matter what – making love to Corbin would be the most amazing experience I would ever have. His touches were gentle and caressing, never harsh or forceful. I couldn’t imagine a more wonderful feeling than the feeling I experienced from him making love to me. I couldn’t describe it, but I knew I’d always love him; though he was mortal and I was not, there would always be a part of me that loved Corbin - even in my next life and the lives after that. These memories would be my own, and I would treasure them forever. I didn’t know how much time I had left with Corbin before his mortal life ended, but I didn’t dwell on it – all I knew was that he was everything to me and I would spend my immortal life missing him when he was gone. His memory would be all I had to get me through the many, many years ahead.