Chapter Two

"Lisa?"
"Yes, honey?"
"Are you busy?"
"Always, but I'm not doing anything at the moment. Why?"
"Can you help me with this?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"Um...you'll see in a minute."
Lisa walked into the lounge and saw Jack with his arms tangled up in a dress he had evidently been attempting to put on. Lisa laughed and pulled the skirt of the dress over his head. Once it was on, Lisa kneeled down and put her hand on Jack's shoulder.
"What's this about, Jack?" Jack looked at his feet sheepishly and began to blush.
"I um...well Katie and I were...um...we... "
"Use your words, hon."
"Remember when you told me to look up what 'gay' meant?" Lisa furrowed her brow.
"Yes..." Jack inhaled deeply,
"Well there were other words related to it on Google so Katie and I kept clicking on ones that we didn't know, and we found a word called 'transgender' and we think we are that. She's always liked my trains and my soccer ball and I've always liked her dolls and her makeup. That's why we're always so tired, because we stay up late playing with eachother's toys and exchanging clothes."
Lisa pursed her lips and tried to see where the kids could be mistaken, but she couldn't find any flaws in their reasoning, and she wasn't just going to flat out tell them that they were misinterpreting their own emotions.
"Well," she looked around the room and tried to center herself, "I might be able to help you, but I'm not sure how excited your mother would be about it..."
"We don't have to tell her!" Jack pushed, "We can do it in secret! She's never home, so it wouldn't be hard." Lisa mulled over the consequences, and silently counted the number of times her employer had been around to visit her kids in the past week. Only twice.
"I suppose you're right...I'd have to take you into town to fix you two up though. My friend Andi can help us, but they live a while away; about half an hour outside of the city. Can you ride in a car for that long?"
"Of course, of course!" Lisa smiled.
"Well then, go pack a bag for three nights out- tell Katie to pack one too- and then I'll fix some dinner, get you two to bed, and we can leave first thing in the morning, how's that?" Jack couldn't keep the grin off of his face.
"Perfect!"

~

A/N: After the next chapter (or maybe during idk yet) the pronouns will be a bit weird and complicated because I want to avoid misgendering the characters. I won't explain now, I just wanted to warn you for future reference. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!