Chapter 4: Rescued

Mike's POV

     Cassie was coming home with me today. I had a special 'surprise' for her back at my place. Sophia was pissed off at me when she saw me today. She may be stupid, but she can catch on quick I'll give her that. Cassie and I walked downstairs to my basement where I had a syringe waiting for her. "So what's the surprise?" She asked. I opened up the brown case I had stored away and pulled out one of the 4 syringes. The light blue one. Although I came up with this idea, I was still worried about her. Lifting up the syringe to show her, she smiled. "Do it." She instantly knew what it was. Did I mention that I explained everything to her? The abilities, Sophia and why we have to kill her and all that? Yup. I did that.

     "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked her. "Because as soon as I do this, you'll be involved in all of this majorly." Cassie set her hands on my shoulders and sighed.

     "Mike, I don't want you getting hurt any more than you already have." She moved her hand to my cheek and kissed it. I sighed again.

     "I know that this was my idea, but I'm starting to regret it." She laughed a little.

     "Its okay, alright? It'll be fine!" She spoke joyfully. I took a deep breath and nodded. I slowly stuck the syringe into her neck and right when I pulled it out she fell into my arms. One more to the list...

Rachel's POV

     I moved slightly. My eyes opened slowly. It took me a while to realize what I was doing. I started to remember everything. Everything Mike did and said to us. I quickly sat up and took a huge breath. I started coughing like crazy. A few times water came up too. Was Mike trying to drown us? I quickly stood up and looked around me to see Caitlin and Michelle both coughing water. "Guys! Are you alright?" Caitlin slowly stood up and helped Michelle stand.

     "Yea, I think we're okay." Caitlin said. Michelle nodded in agreement.

     "How long were we out for?" Michelle asked. When I checked my phone to see what time I'd was I was shocked to see that my phone said that 3 days had passed!

     "What the hecking heck?!" Caitlin screamed.

     "Someone was bound to see us fucking passed out on the damn ground!" I spoke. My phone said it was 8 in the morning, so we all decided to start walking to school since it hadn't started yet.

     "If we've been out for 3 days then Sophia is probably worried sick." Michelle pointed out while grabbing her bag.

     "Dudes..." Caitlin thought of something which made her stop in her tracks. "This whole thing that just happened to us, passing out and going missing over the weekend, happened to Sophia when she got her abilities." My eyes widened. I was kind of excited. Though I think Caitlin and Michelle were a bit terrified if we had abilities.

Sophia's POV

     I was pacing in the same spot for about a solid 10 minutes. I wasn't listening to music and I was ignoring anyone that talked to me. I wanted to think of what I was going to do. My only lead is that they definitely followed Mike for some answers, but how far did they go? Maybe I should follow Mike after school. Or should I just go up to him? "Sophia." Ben called out my name.

     "Please shut the hell up." I answered quickly.

     "Sophia they're here!" Ben yelled. I looked at him. He was pointing to the entrance of the school. I looked to see Caitlin, Rachel, and Michelle just casually walking into the school. My eyes widened.

     "What the hell...?" I mumbled. I made my way through the tons of backpacks that were tossed onto the ground and started running towards them. I pulled all three of them onto me and wrapped my arms around them. "Where the hell have you all been!?" I said.

     "Sophia." Michelle spoke my name quietly.

     "It's been 3 damn days! What did you guys do!? What happened?!" I kept asking questions layered upon questions. I let them go and looked all of them over.

     "Listen, our parents aren't even aware were living." Caitlin says. "We'll explain everything after school." Something's wrong. If something major happened we'd tell each other asap. Something definitely happened to them.

     "O-Okay... Yea that's fine." I said with a fake smile. It quickly withered away and was replaced with a worried expression when they started walking away. As they were walking I noticed something. All of them were rubbing their neck, like it hurt.

     People kept questioning the three girls about what happened. Every once in awhile someone would ask me. They were stupid questions. Like if I did anything to hurt them or if I was the reason they all went missing. Rachel would get pissed when they asked and yell at whoever asked. It was kind of funny, seeing Rachel go crazy on this. After school we all went straight to our elementary school, we all sat in a swing while slowly moving back and forward.

     "What did he do to you guys?" I ask.

     "Well, we followed him and thought we could get some insight on your abilities." Rachel explains.

     "How'd that work out?" I ask.

     "Okay I guess." Rachel looked at the ground and kicked a rock.

    "Mike told us a few things that make little to no sense." Caitlin began talking. Michelle nodded her head.

     "He said stuff about a negative side... in? Your abilities. I don't understand at all if I'm honest." Michelle kicked herself up in the air.

     "This negative side takes over when you're upset or sad." Caitlin looked at me confused when she said that. I just gave her a blank expression. We were both just as confused as each other. "It makes you lose any control you thought you had over your body. Then you just go crazy. That's the best summary you're gonna get." I sighed.

     "So what do you think?" Michelle asked me instantly after Caitlin finished. I just stared straight ahead and the play structures.

     "You know I wanna say a joke or make a wisecrack but," I laughed a little. "God... What the actual hell?"

     "I know right?" Rachel spoke.

     "Like this makes no sense! But!" I didn't even bother finishing. I sighed and rested my head on my hands. There was a long silence. The entire time I felt my friends eyes on me. I held out my hand and spawned a small flame. I let it move around my hand.

     "Now what?" Michelle asked.

     "Heck, I dunno." I stood up from the swing and started walking to the blacktop. Before I made it to the blacktop I heard the sound of crushing ice hitting the ground. It was loud and was actually painful to listen to.

     "Sophia!" I heard my friends call out my name. But whatever this sound was, it prevented me from really doing anything.