18 - Quotes Brought Them Together

Several more months later because you know, time passes

It was a beautiful day. Sun shining, birds chirping, gay ships getting married.

Yeah you heard me.

Now my question is, who walks down the isle at a gay wedding? Coz I got no idea. But anyway.

Sam was standing in a room with Dean, before the wedding started. He was looking at the suit he was wearing in the mirror, making sure he looked okay.

"Hey Sammy," Dean said and Sam turned around to face him. "I'm not one for chick flick moments...but I'm proud of you."

"For getting married?" Sam asked.

"For talking to someone enough that they would want to marry your ugly mug," Dean teased. "Seriously though...I'm glad you're happy." Sam smiled and before Dean could protest he stepped forwards and pulled him into a hug. Dean smiled and returned the hug.

Now for the sake of not knowing what to do, Gabe ended up being the one to stand at the altar while Sam walked down the isle. Mainly coz Sam wanted to walk down with his dad despite never really talking to him. It was about time they fixed the father son relationship.

John was waiting for his son just around the corner from the isle.

"Sam," he said in way of greeting. Sam smiled softly.

"Hey Dad," he said, and John stopped a bit in surprise. "You know...I never said thank you."

"What for?" John asked.

"I never talked to you," Sam said. "But you didn't give up. And you taught me sign language."

"Well of course," John said. "You're my son aren't you?" Sam just smiled and hugged his dad.

And thus the wedding began.

There weren't many guests, just the Novak's and the Winchester's, as well as several of their friends. Although the Novak's alone, there really is a lot of them. Especially if you count the cousins too.

Sam walked down the isle and stood with a really happy Gabriel at the altar. They went through the ceremony, said their vows. Sam actually used sign language for the vows seeing as there was a lot of people watching them, but he did it slow enough that Gabe would be able to understand.

And then they both said 'I do', Sam's spoken aloud this time. And they kissed, sealing the marriage and binding them together forever.

The reception was held at some nice little location. Sam and Gabe were holding hands and hadn't let go the entire time.

"So," Sam said quietly as they sat next to each other at their table. "We're married."

Gabe laughed. "Yes we are." He put his other hand on top of their joint ones and brought them up to lean on the table. "I'll admit, this is possibly the greatest moment of my life."

"Even ahead of when I first talked to you properly?" Sam said, smiling fondly at his husband.

"That was pretty great too," Gabe said, smiling. "Pretty much any moment I spend with you is one of the happiest times in my life."

"Better get used to it then," Sam said.

"Oh get a room," Dean muttered from where he was also sitting at the table. Charlie was there too, as well as Kevin. Charlie had obviously been the maid of honour, and Dean had been the best man.

"Oh we will," Gabe said, smirking. "But that comes later."

Dean groaned. "I do not need to hear this. This is Sammy you're talking about." Sam just laughed and Dean tried to bury his head in his hands.