Act IX: Lukas

Still dashing from absolute discomfort, Lukas had thoughts ricocheting about his head. "Seriously, why the comtemptuous stare? Did I ramble? Or did she just want me to go? Nope, not the last, she's too kind to even ask to be alone." While running blindly, he suddenly collided into Jesse, he then stumbled forward and yelped. "Ow! Hey- oh. Hey man."

Jesse didn't seem so annoyed when he noticed it was Lukas. He then noticed the anxious look on his face. "Uh. You doing okay? You look as if you got spooked." Lukas hastily responded "Um. Uh. Yeah! I'm okay! Absolutely OK!" before silently mumbling '*sigh No...' Jesse beckoned towards a bench, "You wanna sit down and talk about it?" and Lukas nodded.

"Look. It's about Jesse. She looked kinda... peeved off when I... tried to lie about what we were talking about before-" Lukas began but Jesse then said "You mean that stuff about marriage and all that? Yeah, figured that'd happen. She's discomforted by intimate stuff like that." Lukas flicked an eyebrow, "What? But she smothers, snuggles with, and hugs me nearly every day!" Jesse was quick to respond. "I know that. That kind doesn't annoy her. I never knew my sister to-"

"YOUR SISTER!?" Lukas was overcome with shock to realise he had been dating Jesse's sister all this time. "Yeah. Haven't you noticed? Interactions between me and her? No?" New thoughts spouted in his head.

I always knew Jesse as a good friend. But it's gonna be SO weird when some time from now, we become in-laws?!
I... I never knew... Oh my god.
This...changes... everything... (not in a negative way)
It'd feel so weird being my best friend's brother... man oh man...

"Oh crap. I'm. I'm sorry. I never knew about you two, and how close you are. Look, I just want you to know, if she feels it's best I should, lay off for some time, I'd... do it with no question. If it ought to make her feel much better..." Jesse had never heard Lukas talk like this, his jaw flapped open. "What? Of course not! I've also seen how close the two of you are, and no way can she survive even one day without you in her life! Although. If you truly care for her, and it's what she wants, you'd be doing her a real solid..."

Silence.

Then Lukas got up, and boldly said "No. I do know it's what she wants. I love her too much to see her shed one tear or even lose all memories of me. But I feel she would want me to leave her for some time, to gather her pieces together. I'm doing it. I'm going to go." Jesse suddenly sprung up, "Are you mad? Where will you go? It's too dangerous outside the boundary! What should I tell her if she can't find you."

Tell her, I'll be back.