Remember (part 1)

"Hi," Felicity says into the microphone, her voice is louder and raspy, which startles her.

She takes a step back and pulls her black lace dress down ever so slightly. It's has 3 quarter length sleeves and becomes looser around the waist, but still shorter than she would have liked. Thea did her best though to pick it out for her.

She brushes a lock of blonde hair out of her face then clasps her hands infront of her to stop the shaking.

"Hi, I'm Felicity," she says again into the microphone, this time her voice a little more composed.

"I was a..." She pauses again and looks out into the audience that wears all black. Thea, Diggle, Barry and her other friends (or at least who she's been told are her friends) sit in the front row. They all have sad, tired eyes that match Felicity's and try to hold back the tears. Thea gives Felicity a reassuring smile and nod.

"The truth is I don't know what I was to Oliver Queen. They say we worked together at first, they say we became good friends, they say we fell in love, but I'm not really sure. The same accident that Oliver--the same accident that Oliver died in, I got badly injured and lost my memory. I still remember some things but they seem foggy, and with each day I remember more. It's like before the accident my memories were a completed puzzle. Now, after it, some of the pieces are missing, some in the wrong spots, and some are from a completely different puzzle, but with help of my friends they are helping me out, get them back together," Felicity pauses again and closes her eyes as a few tears slide down her cheek.

"I remember Oliver in bits and pieces, from what I have been told, He was different around me," many of the audience members nod their heads. "He told me things, he didn't tell other people, he treated me like he didn't treat other people. He wasn't the best person before he was lost on the island. He got into trouble, but when he came back he was different. He did what he could, when he could this city better. That's what people say, but I can't remember that for certain. I didn't know Oliver before the island and I can't remember what I heard of him through the media," Felicity says all this stuff with a bit of uncertainty and it's obvious that she is uncomfortable. She plays with the ring on her finger subconsciously as she talks.

"What I know for sure though is that He had one of the best smiles that lit up the room. The way he drew out my name when he said it as if it was his favorite word made me feel special. I remember that he cared for everyone and had so much love even though he didn't show it. I remember that I immediately felt safe when I was around him. I feel like I could have always gone to him if I needed help and he would
Be there right away. So if that was love between us, and what people said is true. Then I understand why my last name is Queen, why I have this ring on my finger and why that picture exists. Thank you," Felicity just manages to get the words out before tears fill her eyes. She looks at the picture of her and Oliver. The one that she pointed to that was taken on her wedding day that she can't remember.

Felicity sits silently next to Laurel and Diggle through the rest of the funeral. Laurel holds Felicity's hand the entire time and occasionally rest her head on Felicity's shoulder. The blonde remembers something about Laurel and Oliver being together but it may be a false memory--she'll ask Thea later. Diggle tries his best to keep a stern face and tries to push his emotions away, but Felicity knows that him and Oliver were like brothers from Thea has said.

When the funeral is over, Oliver's good friends all decide to go back to Thea's place. Barry offers to drive Felicity and she agrees. She knows her and Barry were good friends due to their long list of similarities and has found comfort in his presence.