Chapter 33

Bailey P.O.V

I heard a knock on my window and I ignored it. I heard it again and thought it was my imagination. Again and again, I heard the glass. I finally woke up in annoyance. I walked to the light switch and turned the light on. I walked to the window and opened it to see a shivering Kaycee.

B: Kaycee, are you okay, it's in the middle of the night, what are you doing here?

A gray bag was hung around her shoulder. She was wearing all black. Bet she snuck out.

K: I snuck out of the house.

I stopped myself from asking why because it was probably none of my business. She sat at the corner that the wall and my bed practically formed.

B: Do you need a blanket or something to keep you warm?

K: Yeah, thanks.

I walked to my closet and looked for a blanket. Why am I even letting her in here? She bullied my best friend. But still, I shouldn't just let freeze in the cold. I finally found a blanket. I walked outside of the closet, holding the yellow blanket.

She was gone.

To tired to even check or care, I dropped the blanket on the floor and jumped on my bed, falling into a deep sleep.

Tati P.O.V.

I kissed my mom on her cheek and got out of the car.

It's a little too sad for a Monday. And then it hit me, Soni's dead.

I never really thought about it much. Poor girl. Even though she was mean to everyone (and I mean everyone), they still mourned for her. It was (kinda) the right thing to do.

Someone tapped me and I turned around facing Gabe.

G: Hey, Tats.

T: Hey! Gabe! Hello!

I wince, discovering how much of an effect he has on me. He just laughed and we walked across the hall. There was sort of alter for people to pay their respect to her.

G: Poor girl.

T: She kinda deserved it.

G: Tati! That's mean!

T: Well, I'm sorry!

We kept walking until we got our lockers. Bailey walked up to us and gave me a hug. Gabe opened up his hands for a hug. I rolled my eyes and Bailey just ignored him.

G: Aww, no fair!

B: Whatever, Gabe.

G: So, how's life.

B: Meh.

She shrugged and me and Gabe exchanged glances.

T: Are you okay Bails.

B: Yeah, why?

G: You seemed bummed out.

T: Did something happen between you and Ken? You guys seem perfect.

B: We're fine, okay? Just, go to class.

She walked in thought and we followed her. She turned around and huffed in annoyance.

B: Why are you guys following me?!

G: Uh, we have first period together?

B: Oh...right...

We kept walking. We finally got to class, although we were a little early. There was hardly anyone in the class. I sat down on my seat. And Gabe sat on my desk.