How to Lose the Girl in Ten Seconds

Following the words of Gnarlak the Bitch Goblin, as Tegwen affectionately referred to him as in her head, the group found themselves inside the Macy's Department store in search of Newt's demiguise. 

"So, how do we spot something that's invisible?"  Tegwen asked.

"How?" Jacob asked turning to her, waiting for the punchline.

"Uh, that wasn't a joke, I was seriously questioning it myself," She told him causing Jacob to turn red in the face.

"Oh."

"Although, I bet you could come up with a joke for it," Tegwen encouraged. "I'm not that funny, people laugh at me but it's never because I've told a joke. Wow, I can't believe I just said that out loud. I'm going to be quiet now."

She clapped her hand over her face and stood quietly as Newt looked around.

"You are funny, Twiggy, you ought to give yourself more credit," Newt said, not looking in her direction.

"What?" She glanced over in his direction.

"I remember a time where you made Professor Dumbledore choke on a lemon drop," Newt told her. "So I do believe you're funny."

"You remember that?"

"Of course I do," He said. "Why wouldn't I remember something like that? It's not every day that your Transfiguration professor chokes in the middle of class."

Tegwen looked back at Queenie and Jacob, who were smiling in the woman's direction with encouraging looks on their faces. She did her best to conceal her blush as she remembered the embarrassing moment that had caused her professor along with her peers to giggle madly in class. They had been working to turn a teapot into a tortoise, and she thought she was doing quite well until her tortoise opened it's mouth and let out a high-pitch whistle into the air along with plenty of steam. 

She was sure she was turning redder than she had during the actual lesson of when it had occurred.

"That wasn't exactly on...never mind," Tegwen mumbled as Newt had spotted his little friend.

"Its sight operates on probability, so it can forsee the most likely immediate future," he explained to everyone.

"Lucky bastard," Tegwen said to herself. 'I would kill for that ability. It would probably save me from falling so much."

"So what's it doing now?" Tina asked curiously.

"It's babysitting," Newt replied casually.

"At an hourly or flat rate?" Tegwen questioned. 

The Demiguise had unloaded a pile of sweets before her, as Newt came up behind him slow and quiet. The man carefully set his suitcase down before everyone heard shifting in the rafters above. Looking up, Tegwen was surprised to see an Occamy, but it was much different from the ones that were nesting in Newt's case. The one before them was massive.

"It was babysitting that?" Tina called out.

Newt was quiet and still as the demiguise continued to offer treats. The sound of Tegwen's stomach growled, echoing in the department store, causing the demiguise to turn to her and offer the sweet.

"No, thank you," she mouthed in the direction of the creature.

"Occamies are choranaptyxic," Newt said.

"Try saying that ten times fast," Tegwen whispered to Jacob.

"I don't think I could even say it once," The man admitted to her.