Hire

"Sire, she's gone. We lost her before we could get her to the healing chambers."

King Vegeta looked down. His wife had just died while giving birth to his heir, "And my son?"

"He's strong and healthy." the doctor assured. "Who will raise the boy? Surely, a busy king such as yourself couldn't possibly make sure that the prince is treated with the best care as possible."

"Find a female. She'll tend to the boy when I'm not around." the king ordered.

The doctor nodded, "Do you have an age preference,  your majesty?"

King Vegeta took a moment to think. The woman caring for the prince shouldn't be just anybody. "Not too old. I don't need this babysitting business to get to the woman's head, where she starts thinking my son is also hers."

"Understood."

"Make sure she's young. Very young. Perhaps someone around the age to be a big sister. That way when Vegeta becomes old enough, they could train together."

"Agreed, we'll find someone quick."
----------------
Guards made their way into the kings keep with a small girl in the middle of them. She had long, dark, raven hair that was in loose pigtails and dark eyes to match it. The guards held her by the crook in her arms. "Your majesty," they kneeled, "your order has been fulfilled."

King Vegeta leaned forward in his throne, "State your name, child."

The guards released the 10 year old, who got down on one knee and bowed her head. "My name is Jin-Jer."

"This one has 5 brothers and sisters who she's trained from the moment they learned how to walk. She's now taking care of them on her own after her parents were killed on a mission." One guard informed.

"Her power level is high for a young Saiyan elite. We believe she would be perfect for looking after the prince."

King Vegeta stood tall, towering over the young girl who stood straight up, showing no fear. "From here on out you will be my sons servant. You will tend to his every need and train him when he's old enough. Your duty will end once I feel it's necessary. Understood?"

"What about my brothers and sisters?" she asked with a bold voice, although her tone was high pitched.

"They shall now live in the castle and train with the best. They are not your responsibility anymore. Your only concern is the prince. Do I make myself clear?"

Jin-Jer bowed once more, "Crystal."

"Escort her to the incubator where my son is." The King ordered one of the guards as the other stayed by his side.

Once the girl was out of sight, the guard leaned close to the King. "Are those 5 middle class warriors really going to stay in the castle and get trained by us?"

King Vegeta scoffed, "Of course not! After the first few weeks, kill them. The last thing I need is for those brats to distract that girl while she's tending to my son."

"Agreed sire."
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
A/N: hey kids! So I'm back with a new DBZ book that I hope you will all enjoy. And please vote & comment to let me know if you like the story as I update once or twice a week. 😊