•I'm Still Here•

•Brave enough to be broken. Can't see, but keep going. Brave enough to be broken. There's no more fear inside.
I threw my heart in the fire. I've never fallen from higher. But I'm still here. I'm still here•

I'm Still Here; Jem and the Holograms.

-----------

She shook her head a few times, and stood up. Lucas stared into her eyes and gave her a questioning look. Riley shrugged back.

She chased her best friend --- ex best friend out the door.

"Maya! Maya!"

The blonde hair whipped in front of her, and Riley ran faster.

She knew she could catch up, Maya was in heels and she was in runners.

Riley's brown hair whipped all over the place, but she tried her best to ignore it. A little faster.

She had to catch her before she made her way to her car. If she got into her car, she'd drive away.

She had to ask her questions. She had so many on her mind.

One big sprint.

She pushed her legs as fast as she could, and charged full force into Maya.

Bang

The two girls flew off each other, and landed straight onto their butts on the floor.

Laughter escaped Riley's mouth, and she heard Maya giggling too.

She looked over at her face, and smiled.

After the laughing died down, Maya stood up.

"Matthews."

"Maya-"

"Oh look!" Maya snarls sarcastically. "She talks. She actually talks."

"Oh look," Riley tries to say back. But she stops at her lack of words.

"You've never been good at come backs, have you?"

"No Peaches, no I haven't," Riley whispers.

Maya stares at her ex best friend. She tries to hold in tears.

God she missed her. She missed her so damn much.

"Riles, can we talk?" Maya stutters.

"Please," Riley sighs back. "We have to talk."

And as Maya opens her mouth, the Principle walks out of her office.

"Girls, shouldn't you be in class?"

"Umm... yes... we were just getting there."

"Oh look," She says clasping her hands together. "It's Miss. Hart."

"Sup," Maya replies.

"Smiley kitten and Hart," She barks. "Back to class, and then detention afterwards!"

Riley whines. Maya rolls her eyes.

They then walk back to class, linking arms. Having no idea how they had just made up..... but they knew they were well on their way too.

-----------

"We've got a date after school, Riles," Lucas whines.

"Well, I've got detention," Riley says back with a pouty lip. "Sorry."

"But-"

Riley does something she doesn't do too often in public, especially in front of class mates.